Sunday, June 11, 2023

Life: It Goes On - June 11

Happy Sunday from grey, cool Omaha! I wanted to drag an old rug out onto the driveway today to wash it and let it dry in the sun...but no sun and warmth = no washing the rug. Which, to be honest, was not a task that needed to be completed this week, so it's just as well that the time was freed up for things that DO need to be done this week. We leave on Friday for Alaska. The Big Guy would freak out if he knew I was telling people, online, that we'll be out out town - but I know that a) you all are good people who won't rob me; and 2) people will be living in my house the entire time we're gone so the house won't be empty). There's nothing like having a house full of people visiting...while you're not even home!...to make you feel like you have to clean every last nook and cranny. I mean, I reorganized the cleaning products in my laundry room yesterday on the off chance someone will need to, I don't know, dust? 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: Jojo Moyes' Someone Else's Shoes - hope to finish it in time to write a review before I leave. 

Watched:
 We finished season 1 of Ted Lasso and I watched the first few episodes of Schmigadoon. I don't really know how to feel about it and I'm not sure I'll keep up with it. But the cast is spectacular - Kristin Chenoweth, Aaron Tveit, Ariana DeBose, Alan Cumming - so it may be worth it just for those great voices. 

Read: Very little. 

Made: Mini-him brought his new girl over for dinner last night so we grilled and I made pocket potatoes and a corn dip. We played it easy with dessert and served root beer floats. 

Enjoyed: Time with friends and family, including a quick visit from Miss H. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On finishing the cleaning, picking up the last few things we need, and packing. 

Thinking About: You all know me well enough by now to know that my mind is racing! 

Feeling: Excited, nervous, and a little frantic. 

Looking forward to: You know!

Question of the week: What's your best trip for traveling by air? 

No comments:

Post a Comment