Sunday, June 2, 2024

Life: It Goes On - June 2

Happy Sunday! Here in Omaha we are stuck in a rainy cycle that's lasted more than six weeks now - we've already had thunderstorms move through this morning - so yesterday's beautiful weather was so appreciated. We got so much done outside - prep for a new patio area, transplanted perennials, trimmed shrubs. 

I'm hoping there will be some breaks in the weather today so that I can continue moving some plants. I generally transplant whenever the mood strikes and don't necessarily wait for the best time for the plant - if it survives, it survives; if not, at least the plant isn't where I didn't want it any more. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: Patti Callahan Henry's The Secret Book of Flora Lea and started Lynn Painter's The Love Wager


Watched: Lots of college baseball. 


Read: Lian Dolan's latest, The Marriage Sabbatical


Made: I got a hankering for a wedge salad the other day, when The Big Guy was out of town, so I got the ingredients for that and ate wedge salad (albeit with chopped lettuce) for three meals while he was gone. 


Enjoyed: Went out to dinner with friends last night to a place we'd gone to for New Year's Eve and, once again, we all very much enjoyed our dinners. May become a go-to place! 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week I’m:  


Planning: I'm going to have the house to myself for a couple of days this week so I'll be shooting to get some spaces cleared out while I don't have anyone here second guessing my decisions. 


Thinking About: Miss H called and talked last night while she was meal prepping for the week which got me thinking about getting back to doing meal prepping again. I never did it to the extent she does (she has meals ready to grab and go, for the most part), but I do really miss having a plan and having as much cooked in advance as possible. 


Feeling: Lazy. Yeah, I know I said earlier that I wanted to get out and do more lawn work. But there's another part of me that just wants to curl up in a chair with a book and a cup of coffee and read for a few hours. 


Looking forward to: We're going to see Moulin Rouge on Saturday with Mini-him and Miss C. 


Question of the week: Have any of you tried lasagna gardening? (How I wish that meant you could actually grow lasagna in your garden!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment