Saturday, November 14, 2009

An Award From A Chick


This award comes to me from my friend, Teri, who I "met" on Goodreads in wonderful group called Chicks On Lit. Chicks was the first place I found where I realized you could actually make friends on the internet. Which was a real revelation to a mom who has spent years telling my kids that people you have contact with over the internet are not really friends. It turns out I don't really know everything after all--but don't tell my kids I said that!

Teri, who has a wonderfully creative blog called Quinceberry, passed this along to three blogs and I'm going to do the same. This one goes to:

Mari at Bookworm With A View. Mari's the person responsible for me believing that I could start a blog and for making it look like so much fun! Mari's blog is particularly great if you're part of a book club. She really looks at books with an eye toward whether or not they're discussion worthy.

Care at Care's Online Book Club. Care reads such a wonderful variety of books, again with an eye toward things that are discussion worthy. And she rates her books by slices of pie so you know she has a great sense of humor!

And, Laura at Laura's Reviews. I always find books I love or have to add on Laura's blog and she's hosting a challenge beginning January 1st that is called All About The Brontes. I've got to love any blogger that hosts a Bronte challenge!

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful award! I enjoy your blog as well and find your books and views fun and pleasing! Thanks for taking time from your busy day to check mine out from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Standing ovation! A much deserved award! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also normally give up, sometimes even earlier than on the 100 pages park, if I feel like the story is just not going on at all or if it is something I don't like.
    The book is for age 13 and upwards but it is really hard for me to think to see a 13 year old reading this book. Also the boring start may want to have an effect and you just give up.
    I think that Feddie Girl is good book for the ones who have actually been in a Boarding school. It was okey read but not one of those I will remember later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award and thank-you for giving one to me!!

    I'm happy you'll be joining the All About the Brontes Challenge. Do you have a list of books you will be reading?

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw thanks so much! I enjoyed your history of how you started a book blog. I actually had a life blog and discovered some focused on books and thought it would be a fun way to involve my scattered family - I was trying to get them to read the same book and we could all discuss but they rarely ever visit. and I discovered this amazing tremendous crazy book blog community and it's been just wonderful. I count so many people all over the world as friends now and its so fun. and I love connecting to people back in places that I used to live: like YOU! I do love NE. Even if I have to cheer for the purple next week. (darn ol' Mizzou.... FROWN) ooh I'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great award!! How are you enjoying Olive Kitteridge?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!

    Sounds like I'll have to check out that Bronte challenge...I'm almost done with the Austen one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I too have been amazed at the number of friends I've made whilst chatting about books on the internet. It's an amazing world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was trying to comment yesterday but I'm having issues with blogger on my work laptop....

    Thank you for the award!

    I'm honored and love being recognized for book club books - it's my quest!

    Congratulations on your blogging - you seem to have found a niche and have met some wonderful friends :)

    ReplyDelete