Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Salon - November 29

I hope that all of you in the U.S. had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend. We were lucky enough to get to spend it with almost all of our immediate family and enjoyed entirely too much food, plenty of football, and even braved the crowds on Black Friday, contributing our bit to turning the economy around.

I was very excited this evening to open the blog and find that I now have 100 followers. I've been promising a giveaway for sometime and this certainly seems like the time to have one so look for that announcement coming up this week.


On Tuesday, I'll also be announcing a challenge I'll be hosting beginning the first of the year. It seems that there are quite a few "Gilmore Girl" fans out there and this one will focus on the books that were either mentioned or that appeared on that show. I've got Miss H working on a button for me and my resident computer expert looking at options for how, exactly, it will be set up. Now I'm just hoping that you all haven't already signed up for more challenges than you can handle!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 100 followers! And glad you had a nice Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats on having 100 followers! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving - :) ! And I'm looking forward to reading about your Gilmore Girls Challenge. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm -- I surf lots of reading blogs. Never thought about becoming a follower! Congrats on your 100; that's fabulous. Two of my daughters are big, big Gilmore Girl fans, and got me interested, though I'm not rabid as they are. I did think the show went way downhill its last year. I look forward to seeing what your challenge is about. Those kinds of modern families, with all their inherent messiness, can be quite interesting. A book I just finished, Love Tag, by Peter Shianna, reflects that a little bit, with an adopted child, the birth mother, over-protectiveness, cutthroat business types, infidelity. You know, life in all its challenges and mess. There's something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I be a cheerleader for your challenge?! I don't know what Gilmore Girls is but I want to participate :).

    Hosting a challenge... that sounds daunting - can't wait to cheer for everyone.

    Good Luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay 100 followers! Glad I'm one of them :o) And Happy Late-Thanksgiving!

    I don't watch Gilmore Girls, but I'm curious to see what books are on the list. I wish I had the time and patience to set up a LOST challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you on reaching this milestone. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am excited to see what the list looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were brave to go out in those crowds on Black Friday! I didn't hold out much longer myself, going shopping on the following Saturday. Managed to get a good chunk of my Christmas shopping done too. As of this past weekend, it's all done. Except for a little something extra I need to pick up for my husband. :-)

    Congratulations on reaching 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete