Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pin It And Do It - Bring On The Sugar

I've been making buttercream frosting for years, it's my go-to frosting for most cakes. But it's always a guessing game. A little more butter? A bit more vanilla? With all of the baking I was doing for last weekend, I knew I didn't have the time or the desire to play that guessing game so I turned to Pinterest to find an actual recipe. This recipe for Classic Buttercream Frosting was just the thing I was looking for - and tinted bright blue it not only tasted delicious on the chocolate cupcakes but fit right in with the pinks, greens and purples we already had.

And that's it for the Pin It And Do It Challenge - for now. Everyone's had so much fun with it that Trish is planning on hosting it again in the fall. I'm looking forward to that - so many great gift and holiday ideas to explore come fall!



4 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait for fall. I need to post my last Pin It and Do It before the end of the day tomorrow so I can complete it. You wouldn't think doing three would be so hard to fit into a month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a cream cheese frosting that is wonderful, but I have never made a buttercream. It sounds like I need to get moving and check out that recipe for the cakes that I am baking this summer! Way to go for finishing the challenge, and for giving me a new recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could jump into a bowl of buttercream frosting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always make a buttercream from my mom's Betty Crocker cookbook (of which I have my own copy now). Will have to check to see how this compares. I know mine doesn't have salt but I can't see how adding it could hurt. ;)

    ReplyDelete