Monday, May 28, 2012

Sunday Salon - Monday Edition

I'm coming to you this week with something of a post-graduation party hangover. No, I'm not literally hungover; but you know the feeling of exhaustion and let down you have after you've been planning for something and looking forward to it for a long time.

Amy asked about the party's color theme (zebra print and hot pink). I will have some pictures shortly but they are on my brother's camera and he isn't home yet to post them. We had a wonderful party; Miss H had so much family and so many friends to help her celebrate. I can't believe my baby has graduated from high school! I'm so proud of her - she's worked so hard to push through high school in only three years and has become a wonderful and compassionate young woman.


And now that that's done - I can get back to reading! Huzzah! I've got quite a lot of books coming up for scheduled reviews this summer and I want to get back on track with my challenges. This next couple of days I'm going to work on finishing up a couple of books I've been working on for a while. I've enjoyed both of them but I'm tired of having them hanging over my head and I want to get back to only reading one book at a time!

How are you enjoying this holiday weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to your daughter; wishing her much success. Such a nice family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Miss H! And happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo and Congrats to Miss H!

    We did a lot of stuff around home, had overnight guests, and relaxing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the graduation of your daughter! She is very lucky to have a mom like you to care for her and to throw such a special get together for her for the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Miss H! Enjoy your return to reading ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your daughter! Well done! Now you can relax for the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew!! All done! Not me though... the boy graduates this Friday. We aren't having a party though. Instead, he is going to three others! LOL.

    ReplyDelete