Sunday, June 25, 2017

Life: It Goes On - June 24

It's been a ride of emotions for me this past week and my friends have been the greatest therapy. I'm afraid I bored the heck out of my book club the other night as I turned them into my own personal psychologists. Then a Thursday night happy hour with a couple of my friends lasted seven hours - we may have reached the "I love you, dude" stage by the end of the night. I can't tell you how much better I felt after that. Well, after some Motrin, coffee, and McDonald's the next day.

Bracing myself for the coming week which is bound to be worse, emotion-wise.

I have no reviews written for this week, at this point, and I'm unlikely to get any written so the blog will likely go dark until the Fourth of July.

b>This Week I'm:

Listening To: Podcasts again this week, including episodes from Happier, Stuff You Should Know, and Futility Closet. I probably won't start another book for a couple of weeks until I'm back into a five-day work week routine. Then I'll start Middlesex.
Steven Branscombe, USA Today Sports

Watching: College World Series and The Mindy Project for the most part.

Reading: Not much between being busy during the evenings and being distracted.

Making: Shredded chicken for the wedding. Otherwise, the cooking around here has been pretty minimal, as befits summer.

Planning: See the past several weeks.

Thinking About: See the past several weeks.

Enjoying: My kids got home last night. We haven't gotten to spend much time with them yet because they are staying with a friend. They had to bring their dog with them and he can't stay at our house with our cats. I'm looking forward to spending a couple of days with them before the rest of the people start arriving.

Feeling: See first paragraph. Excited, happy, sad, angry (that's a long story), depressed, giddy. See, I told you I'm a roller coaster of emotions!

Looking forward to: The wedding on Friday!

Question of the week: Best tip for remaining calm - go!

4 comments:

  1. I should probably go back and read all your earlier posts - I've been away from the blogosphere for too long! Months, as a matter of fact! I hope all is well and that your friends have helped you sort out whatever was troubling you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That roller coaster sounds exhausting but I'm glad you've got your friends to help you. That 7 hour session sounds fun though I'm sure you were drained after. Best tips for remaining calm are just trying to not get too overwhelmed in the first place. I know that's easier said than done but if I'm okay with a certain outcome or not getting something done I tend to not get quite as stressed when something else explodes if that makes sense. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOO exciting!! Enjoy yourself and may the wedding be beautiful and fun! Congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best tip for remaining calm (without drugs or drink?) is spending time outside. Outside, in the shade with a nice breeze. I've never been all that outdoorsy because I hate bugs and the sun does not like me (allergic) but as soon as I sit outside on a nice day I am in heaven and I swear my BP drops ten points.

    The wedding is nearly here!! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete