Sunday, June 25, 2017

Life: It Goes On - June 24

It's been a ride of emotions for me this past week and my friends have been the greatest therapy. I'm afraid I bored the heck out of my book club the other night as I turned them into my own personal psychologists. Then a Thursday night happy hour with a couple of my friends lasted seven hours - we may have reached the "I love you, dude" stage by the end of the night. I can't tell you how much better I felt after that. Well, after some Motrin, coffee, and McDonald's the next day.

Bracing myself for the coming week which is bound to be worse, emotion-wise.

I have no reviews written for this week, at this point, and I'm unlikely to get any written so the blog will likely go dark until the Fourth of July.

b>This Week I'm:

Listening To: Podcasts again this week, including episodes from Happier, Stuff You Should Know, and Futility Closet. I probably won't start another book for a couple of weeks until I'm back into a five-day work week routine. Then I'll start Middlesex.
Steven Branscombe, USA Today Sports

Watching: College World Series and The Mindy Project for the most part.

Reading: Not much between being busy during the evenings and being distracted.

Making: Shredded chicken for the wedding. Otherwise, the cooking around here has been pretty minimal, as befits summer.

Planning: See the past several weeks.

Thinking About: See the past several weeks.

Enjoying: My kids got home last night. We haven't gotten to spend much time with them yet because they are staying with a friend. They had to bring their dog with them and he can't stay at our house with our cats. I'm looking forward to spending a couple of days with them before the rest of the people start arriving.

Feeling: See first paragraph. Excited, happy, sad, angry (that's a long story), depressed, giddy. See, I told you I'm a roller coaster of emotions!

Looking forward to: The wedding on Friday!

Question of the week: Best tip for remaining calm - go!

No comments:

Post a Comment