Sunday, June 11, 2017

Life: It Goes On - June 11

Well, we've had quite the week at our house this week - Miss H got a new car, my sister moved in one of those you-can't-make-this-stuff-up scenarios, and wedding prep is in full on mode. I

've hardly read a page and even forgot to finish up the two reviews I have in draft that are well on their way to being finished. That may well be how the next three weeks go reading- and blog-wise as we work to get final things done around the house and put the finishing touches on wedding "stuff." I'm trying to skim over blog posts but I'm unlikely to have time to comment until July.

As much fun as the wedding planning has been, and as excited as I am for "wedding week," I'm also kind of looking forward to life returning to normal.

This Week I'm:

Listening To: I finished Amy Poehler's Yes Please, which I really enjoyed. With only two weeks weeks of driving to work before I have the week off for the wedding, I'm not planning on starting a new audio book right now. I've been listening to the news and plan, for the next couple of weeks, to listen to podcasts during drive time. I'm WAY behind on those!

Top, left to right: There's something you don't see every day, Miss H's new car, the girls and I prepping guest gifts, my sis' dogs arriving in their new home
Bottom: the guest room is nearly finished! Need a new lamp shade, some decorative pillows and, time permitting, a couple of headboards brought up

Watching: Grace and Frankie (into Season 3 now and I'm going to be so sad when I'm all caught up and there are no more binge sessions to be had!), The Mindy Project (laugh out loud funny), hockey and basketball finals (the only time of the year I care about either one of these professional sports), and the first episode of the new season of Orange Is The New Black.

Reading: See above.

Making: Salads and dinners on the grill. Does having my great-niece bake brownies count for actually making something?

Planning: You already know this answer.

Thinking About: My sister and brother-in-law as they settle into their new house. They arrived yesterday and were greeted by their daughter, her SO, and her SO's parents who brought lots of food, gifts, and laughter - just what the doctor ordered after an extremely stressful week. Wish I could be there to help her!

Enjoying: Spending time with our great-nieces who came and helped me work on some projects for the wedding, including filling 102 cans with dirt and planting flower seeds.

Feeling: Depends on the hour of the day.

Looking forward to: Seeing my kids in just 13 days!

Question of the week: What's your best "how to stay calm" tip?

2 comments:

  1. These last weeks are going to go by so fast for you. I imagine you are extremely busy. I am glad you liked Poehler's book. I did too! Have a great week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to listen to Yes, Please! Sounds perfect for an airline trip I have coming up.

    How to stay calm - I've been bingeing on audio version of the Maisie Dobbs series (I'm on #11), and I love how Maisie calms herself. She meditates--clears her mind and lets it wander and then settle. I've been trying it myself with good results!

    ReplyDelete