1. Anatomy. a hollow, pumplike organ of blood circulation
2. the center of the total personality, especially with reference to intuition, feeling, or emotion
3. the center of emotion, especially as contrasted to the head as the center of the intellect
4. capacity for sympathy; feeling; affection
5. spirit, courage, or enthusiasm
6. the innermost or central part of anything
1. after one's own heart, in keeping with one's taste or preference
2. at heart, in reality; fundamentally; basically
3. break someone's heart, to cause someone great disappointment or sorrow
4. by heart, by memory; word-for-word
5. cross one's heart, to maintain the truth of one's statement; affirm one's integrity
6. do someone's heart good, to give happiness or pleasure to; delight
7. to have sorrow or longing dominate one's emotions; grieve inconsolably
I want to take better care of my own heart physically and spiritually this year. But, as I said last year:
"I want my heart to be the center of my personality and I want it to guide me to show my feelings in more concrete ways. I want to live with spirit, courage, and enthusiasm. I want to do the things that do my heart good, that give me pleasure and happiness."And I want to do the things that will fill others' hearts with joy and to affirm my integrity. To keep me from straying so badly again, I'm going to be putting together a plan that will remind me to stay focused. I'll be incorporating some of what I had planned to do with my Happiness Project last year (another thing that got lost by the wayside) and using my bullet journal to track my progress. I've always lead with my heart. It's time to put that to good use!
Do you pick a word for the year? If you have, what's your one word and why did you choose it?