Sunday, September 15, 2019

Life: It Goes On - September 15

Where did this week go?! I wish I could say it flew by in exciting events or super productive days, and some of it was because of those things; but mostly it was just the usual stuff.

I did get a lot of reading done this week (now I just need to get caught up on reviews), The Big Guy and I had a fun date night, and I made a lot of tweaks around the house to keep things interesting. At least I didn't end the week feeling like I'd wasted too much time on mindless things (I'm looking at you, Instagram, you black hole, you!).

Last Week I:

Listened To: See sidebar. I finished The Wonder and with no new audiobook in queue at the moment, it's time to imprint Hamilton on my brain before Mini-him and I go see it on Sunday.

Watched: More Orange Is The New Black (BG works late on Mondays so Miss H and I knock off a couple of episodes every Monday), America's Got Talent, college football (of course!), and the first episode of A Very Brady Renovation. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the HGTV and Brady Bunch stars recreate that house so many of us grew up with.

Read: I raced through All The Ugly Wonderful Things and I'm still processing it - it may take awhile before I can write my review. I have three digital books and three books in print out from the library right now so I'm going to have to keep up my reading pace this week!

Made: Chicken caprese pasta, peanut butter cooks, bbq chicken - I can't actually remember what we ate like this but I did cook real meals most nights.

Cocktail bar in the Joslyn Castle
Enjoyed: Five hours of Happy Hour with friends on Friday evening, a few hours with all of my siblings at my parents' house today, and an evening at a Mark Twain Launch Party at Joslyn Castle with my hubby (bourbon tasting, tasty treats, live music, and some Mark Twains strolling around).  Did I ever tell you we have a castle in Omaha?

This Week I’m: 

Planning: One of Miss H's friends spur-of-the-moment spent the night last night. She told Miss H that our guest room was creepy with all of the old family pictures hanging on the walls. I'm not going to take all of those pictures out of the room; but if it feels creepy, it might be time to change things up a bit in there. If I'm doing that, I'm going to have to go get some paint - I literally used every last drop of a gallon of paint the last time I painted in there. 

Thinking About: My family - life is tough sometimes and I don't know what we'd do without each other.

Feeling: A little bit like I'm spinning my wheels and getting no where. Which is sort of why I'm tweaking things around here. Sometimes a little change around here can give me the inspiration to get on with things.

Looking forward to: Book club on Tuesday and Hamilton on Sunday!

Question of the week: As I have the past couple of falls, I'm planning to try really hard not to look beyond fall. But I'm having a tougher time this year already. For those of you who experience a real winter, how do you keep yourself from get down as winter approaches?

3 comments:

  1. I've been spinning my wheels too and I really don't have the energy for it. I am trying to tweak things on my end too. Pushing through books. Trying to write more because my poor blog has suffered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete