Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Fall Feasting 2019


Several years ago I decided to devote a good portion of my fall reading to books about food. As much as I adore summer and love sitting on the patio eating salads, when the temps start to drop and the leaves start to change, I start to get my cooking mojo back. It stands to reason that books about food are just going to give me that much more inspiration. Last fall, it kind of got away from me but I'm feeling ready to mix in some food books this year so I'm brining it back.

I'm kicking this Fall Feasting season off with Lucy Knisley's Relish: My Life In The Kitchen, a graphic novel. I haven't read a graphic novel in a long while. If this goes well, I may just pick up Knisley's French Milk when I take Relish back to the library.

Also on my list of possible reads this fall are:
Stir: My Broken Brain and the Foods That Brought Me Home by Jessica Fechtor
Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbara Kingsolver
French Lessons by Peter Mayle
Like Water For Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
Harvest by Richard Horan

What books would you recommend for me to add to my list?

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea. I really love to cook but I rarely have time to cook the meals that I love. You know the ones. The ones that simmer all day long. I love the entire process. The chopping and slicing and the sips of wine in-between. Someday. LOL.

    ReplyDelete