Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Long-Awaited Reads Month

Hosted by Nymeth of Things Mean A Lot and Iris of Iris On Books, Long-Awaited Reads Month is in its second year and designed for readers to pick up those books they've been meaning to read for a while. I'm late to the party but I've kind of been playing along already, having started the year by reading Life of Pi, joining in the Possession readalong, and downloading Shirley to start listening to this week. This is a very relaxed event; readers are encouraged to participate at any level they chose - some are spending the entire month reading LAR while others will read only one or two books they've been looking forward to. I'm also planning to finish Tinkers which is on my nightstand, The Devils In The Sugar Shop (which I've just started) and something from my books to review shelf which has been languishing there for much too long. If you were to pick up a book to read with us, what would be your first choice?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I am glad you are clearing some of those long awaited books off your shelf. :-) I'm always too busy wrapping up the last year to think about January reads. I kind of wish the Long Awaited Reads Month was later in the year. But then, I can make any month my own Long Awaited Reads Month, can't I? It doesn't have to be official.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to see what you think about Possession. I've been wanting to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about this event a little late but it sounds like one I should try participating in. I have been also reading mostly from my shelves this month - books I've been meaning to read for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loading up my ipad and audiobooks for Feb travel. Two 21 hour flights should allow time to read books sitting on my ipad from June. I went to buy an audio for five quarters of an orange, it's abridged (3 hours). So I will read it :)

    Good luck with your pile!

    ReplyDelete