The lovely ladies at The Broke and The Bookish challenged us this week to list the top ten books we've read in the past three or five years that we would add to our all-time favorite books list. I'm going with five years because this just happens to be the number of years I've been tracking my favorite books of the year.
1. The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
2. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
3. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
4. Safe From The Sea by Peter Geye
5. Cocktail Hour Under The Tree of Forgetfulness by Alexandra Fuller
6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
7. City of Women by David Gilliam
8. Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake by Anna Quindlen
9. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
10. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
11. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
Sorry 2012, you had some great books but just not great enough to make the top ten (okay, top eleven). I could easily have added five or eight more to this list but these are definitely the books I find myself recommending again and again, the books that have really stuck with me over time.
Which of the books you've read in the last few years have you added to your all-time favorites list?