Sunday, January 27, 2019

Life: it Goes On - January 27

Yesterday at 7 p.m. it was still 37 degrees. This morning it's 19. This is much better than my family up north is dealing with but still, I hate winter.

I haven't necessarily been Marie Kondo'ing my entire house but I've certainly been taking inspiration from her. I finished moving all of our DVDs into binders which has allowed me to move all of the albums back into the family room. And now I have a whole shelf open in my office. I'm leaving both it and the empty shelf on my family room shelves open for a bit while I think about exactly how I want to use them.

Last Week I:

Listened To: I FINALLY finished The Woman's Hour and I'm back to The Woman In The Window. I've got 7 hours of it left and only 2 days so I'm doubting I'll get through it before it has to go back and then I'll have to wait for it again. This is not the best way to listen to a book!

Watched: I've had a fair amount of time this week by myself so I've also had the television to myself. This means I've finished Tidying Up with Marie Kondo, watched some Queer Eye, rewatched Under The Tuscan Sun, started You (this one's a watch-in-the-daytime show!), and started season 5 of Grace and Frankie. How I've missed those ladies!

Read: I read In The Ground, which I reviewed, and started Pam Jenhoff's The Lost Girls of Paris which I'll review this week. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Made: Chicken enchiladas, triple chocolate brownies, chicken noodle casserole, chocolate chip cookies, street tacos.

Enjoyed: Helping Miss H work on her closet - we didn't so much try to see if things sparked joy so much as we were trying to leave her with only a wardrobe of things that fit and work for her right now. It felt good to make things work better for her but, even more, I enjoyed getting to spend a couple of hours just the two of us talking.

This Week I’m: 

Planning: On doing that painting I didn't get to last week and moving some furniture around.

Thinking About: Getting back to putting together a weekly menu. We've been doing entirely too many what-should-we-have-for-dinner conversations at 5:30 p.m. lately.

Feeling: Like I need to tweak things around here - I'm already tired of the winter decor. I brought in some fresh yew for some bright green color. My cat immediately thought she might need to nibble on it. I disagreed.

Looking forward to: Family dinner to celebrate BG's birthday tomorrow night.

Question of the week: For those of you battling snow and extreme cold lately, what things are you doing to keep yourself from going stir crazy? Or are you one of those people who just bundles up and enjoys the things you can only do this time of year?

3 comments:

  1. I need to re-Marie Kondo my drawers. I read the book a few years ago and had them nicely organized but they've gotten a bit messier lately. Not anywhere close to where they were but not great. The dinner issue is a hard one. I got out of the habit of cooking when I was sick and am just now trying to get back to it It's harder than it should be. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only watched one episode of Mari Kondo's show, but I'm feeling the itch to start going through closets and the pantry. I always get this urge in January or February!

    Not sure what to tell you about how to deal with the cold and snow. My husband and I loved seeing the snow when we first moved to Nebraska in '92, but it go old the past few winters we were there and I am forever grateful that we were able to move to a warmer climate. Hope you are almost past the snowiest part of the season! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snow here. In fact, the last two days were 70 degrees but today it's cloudy and we are expecting rain later this week.
    I just saw a promo for You on Netflix. I need to check it out. Isn't it based on the book of the same name?
    I really want chicken enchiladas for Superbowl Sunday. I just saved a recipe that is pretty close to one I used to make all the time.

    ReplyDelete