Sunday, November 24, 2019

Life: It Goes On - November 24

Remember last Sunday when I said there was not much on the calendar for the week? That didn't last, which is pretty much the norm these days.  That's probably ok; this homebody might never leave the house except to go to work if she had her way!

Today my house is a bit chaotic. With Thanksgiving being so late this year and next weekend so busy, I'm starting to bring up the Christmas decorations this weekend. Except I just cannot bring myself to take down all of the Thanksgiving/fall decor until after Thanksgiving, even though we're not hosting. I have so many mini-pumpkins that are still perfectly good and I'm feeling pretty guilty about just throwing them away. Does anyone know if squirrels would eat them if I toss them outside under the pine trees?

Last Week I:

Listened To: Colson Whitehead's The Nickel Boys. So good and so heartbreaking. I started Casey Cep's Furious Hours but I'm not far enough into that one to have formed an opinion. It's due back in a few days so I'm going to have to turn it on as I work around the house today.

Watched: Sports, sports, and more sports including going to another college basketball game on Friday night with the Big Guy. We're pretty darn excited that our Bluejays scored enough points to earn us more free pizza this week!

Read: I read Miriam Toew's Women Talking and I was surprised by how much it made me think. I started Maureen Stanton's Body Leaping Backward on Friday and I'm so connected to this book so far.

Made: Was I even in the kitchen last week? We ate out Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Thursday we packed sandwiches to eat in the car on a road trip. Maybe this week I'll cook?

Enjoyed: Getting to play with this guy last night. The Prince, his parents, and his grandparents were at my parents last night so we went in to Lincoln and enjoyed pizza, conversation, and being entertained by a 16-month-old.


This Week I’m: 

Planning: On getting the house decorated for Christmas this week. Although it will probably be next Sunday before I get it finished since this week will be busy with Thanksgiving and family time. 

Thinking About: My son's mother-in-law, who I also consider to be a friend. I was hoping to get her here for Christmas but, because of some health issues, she won't be able to come. She's fine now but doesn't have time off work to come. I was so hoping to see her!

Feeling: Sad for my sister-in-law's family who lost their matriarch on Monday. She was 90 and ready to be reunited with her beloved husband but we are never ready to lose our mothers.

Looking forward to: Being with family this week!

Question of the week: What's your favorite Thanksgiving food?



2 comments:

  1. We are going low decorations across the board this year but I'm with you on not being able to take down fall decorations until after Thanksgiving. It just doesn't feel right. That's too bad about your son's MIL but hopefully you'll be able to figure out a way to get together soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, late to the party as usual. I'm sorry that your son's MIL won't be able to come for Christmas. I'm glad she's feeling better though.

    My calendar is really a mess right now. I am getting anxiety from it. You know how hard I try to clear some space for just nothing and I do. I've gotten so good as saying no but my daughter's calendar collides with mine and that I can't help sometimes.

    My fave Thanksgiving food to pick at is the cornbread stuffing. I say pick at it because I can't keep my hands off of it prior to it going in the oven but once it comes out, I am done with it. LOL.

    Also, mashed potatoes can be pretty tasty if I am in the mood for them.

    ReplyDelete