Sunday, December 13, 2020

Life: It Goes On - December 13

Happy Sunday! It's beginning to look a lot like winter here. Friday evening we started getting heavy wet snow and it's been cold enough that it remains yet today. The roads are clear so we are only left with the snow that is pretty to look at and that gives us a break from all of the brown, so I'm enjoying looking out at it. 

Friday evening I went into not one but two stores. It's the first time I've done that since March. Heck, I've only been inside a store about five times since then at all. We were doing some Christmas shopping and, even with masks and signs on the floor reminding people to social distance, it felt normal and normal feels so good!

Last Week I: 


Listened To:
 I finished I Was Anastasia yesterday and today I will start Maggie O'Farrell's Hamnet

Watched: The usual. I couldn't even convince The Big Guy to turn on Netflix. 

Read: I finished a print book this morning! I'm hoping, so hoping, that as I'm checking things off the Christmas to-do list, my reading will pick up again as my mind becomes better able to focus. We'll set. 

Made: Last night BG and I cobbled together a few recipes to make an absolutely delicious cheeseburger pizza. But that wasn't the most interesting thing I made yesterday. With a vegan family member and a vegan coming for Christmas, I decided to try my hand at vegan caramel corn. It took some tweaking but it's not at all bad. 

Enjoyed: A movie...in. a. theater! It's the first time I've been in a movie theater since last December and it was so much fun to do something fun that was, again, normal. My department rented a theater for our Christmas party and we had the theater to ourselves so I felt perfect safe to even have my mask off some of the time. My how I have missed movie theater popcorn! 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: Christmas gifts get mailed, Christmas cards get picked up and then mailed, I'll finish working on a gift I'm putting together, and I'll decorate the guest rooms. Yep, it's all about Christmas still. 

Thinking About: Making a plan for things to do in January and February to keep those months from being so long and lonely. They are hard enough for me in a regular year, but not being able to get together with friends is going to make it worse. 

Feeling: Sad about the lack of Christmas cards we've gotten this year. Has everyone decided that, since no one has done anything, it's not worth sending them? 

Looking forward to: Book club this week. We're doing an unusual Zoom Christmas party. One of our ladies is coordinating a snack share and we're hoping to get a shared cocktail lined up as well. 

Question of the week: How are your Christmas plans coming along?

1 comment:

  1. The Christmas cards are slow to come. I did not do a photo card this year. No one wanted to take a photo at Thanksgiving and I have none really from the year to use besides my pup. I toyed with the idea of just using her images on a card but then decided not to. Then, went out and bought boxed cards. I will NEVER do that again. Why? Boxed cards have to be written out. Ack!! I was so tired of writing that I forgot to add a return address label so I hope they got to their destinations. So many have moved. Send me your address privately and I will send you one!

    ReplyDelete