Sunday, December 6, 2020

Life: It Goes On - December 6

Happy Sunday! It was supposed to be warm (well, warm as in almost 50 degrees which is warm for here in December) and sunny today. It isn't. Which makes me kind of cranky and much less motivated to get things done. It would be a good day to curl up with a book and just take a mental health day but it's December and you know that means that there's much too much to be done for a day like that. 

I am finally almost finished decorating for Christmas. I'd like to tell you that is because I've really knocked it out this year but that's not true. Part of the problem is that I've changed some things up this year but also because it just seemed pointless. The other day Miss H asked if one of her friends could come for Christmas. I was hesitant at first, but this friend is already being very careful about the virus and agreed to my stipulations. Agreeing to have her with us gave me the boost I needed to finish things up.

Last Week I: 

Packages are arriving and my cat 
couldn't be happier about it!
Listened To: I finished Yaa Gyasi's Transcendent Kingdom and started Ariel Lawhon's I Was Anastasia, which I'm listening to for book club. The reader is wonderful - I'm going to have a hard time deciphering if the book is actually good or if I just liked it because of how well read it is.

Watched: The Voice, football (hurrah, my Huskers finally won another game!), lots of HGTV, and Rudolph (because Christmas). 


Read:
 I finished The Last Story of Mina Lee and started Stories From Suffragette City. I'm still struggling with sitting down and reading so I'm not too far into it. 

Made: I finally tried my Instant Pot for something new - navy beans and ham. I had to cook it longer than the recipe called for but it still was done in a fraction of the time I'm used to navy beans and ham taking and it tastes delicious. 

Enjoyed: I went into the office this week for the first time in three weeks; and, even though I hated having to get up and hustle, it was so nice to see other people.

This Week I’m:  

Planning: We're babysitting Mini-him's cat for a couple of weeks while he's traveling for work which means that I'm spending a lot of time in the basement to keep him company. So my plans for the week include getting a lot of sorting done down there. This week I've filled a big garbage bag already - the good thing about saving things for scrapbooks you don't even actually get around to putting together is that not even half of what you've saved seems important twenty years later. 

Thinking About: My sister - today is her birthday. She's had a tough couple of months what with moving and then getting CoVid just as they arrived at their new house. I'm glad she's finally feeling better (although still battling lingering effects two weeks later) and happy that she's close enough for her daughter to be with her today. Wish I were!

Feeling: Stressed. Mini-him has, once again, been exposed to someone with CoVid. He is, mostly, pretty careful but at this point it feels like him getting it is more a matter of when, not if. 

Looking forward to: My work team is renting a movie theater for our Christmas celebration this week. It will be the first time I've been in a theater in almost a year and I don't know if I'm more looking forward to seeing a movie in a theater or movie theater popcorn. 

Question of the week: Do you usually do Christmas cards? If so, are you planning to do them this year?









1 comment:

  1. By now, I usually have a wall full of Christmas cards people have sent me. This year, so far, I have one! I didn't do a photo card this year. I went back and forth with it but we didn't have good pics with my son being away and us not taking any memorable trips. So I bought boxed cards. What a mistake. My hand is numb from writing them out. That is the benefit of a photo card. It's all printed on there.

    Mini him and his constant exposure. Wow. He must have a pretty good immune system though. More and more people are getting it now. LA County had 10,500+ new cases on Sunday alone. Many here are openly defying our new stay at home order. Publicly saying they will do what they want and will live their lives. I am so sick of them.

    ReplyDelete