Sunday, October 10, 2021

Life: It Goes On - October 10

Happy Sunday from a very tired me! As it gets darker earlier, my body keeps thinking that it's bed time by the time it's been dark for a couple of house and I'm on the struggle bus to stay awake after 8 p.m.! 

We made a quick trip to Kansas City this weekend for a surprise birthday party for Miss H's roomie. First stop was City Market because I needed to go spice shopping and to pick up some flowers for the birthday girl and we needed some lunch. Then it was off to visit the roomie's (relatively) new storefront, Whiskey + Bone. If you live in K.C., especially in the Leawood area, you should definitely check it out! We spent the night with The Big Guy's niece and her family so we got to catch up with them. And, of course, there was the birthday dinner. It was a bit of a whirlwind, and we didn't actually get to see much of Miss H, but it was fun to get out of town. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: Patrick Raddon Keefe's latest, Empire of Pain. I can't say I thought much of wealthy people, big pharma, or big business to begin with and this book is definitely confirming all of my opinions. 

Watched: The usual. 

Read: I finished Liane Moriarty's Apples Never Fall and started Miriam Towes' A Complicated Kindness for book club next week. 

Made: Steak salad, nachos, caprese pasta - as long as the temperatures stay warm, summer meals will continue. 

Enjoyed: See above! Plus dinner with a friend I haven't seen in several years one night and happy hour with friends on their deck another night. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On transplanting some perennials. 

Thinking About: The friend I had dinner the other night has cancer and her treatment is just buying her time. I'm heartbroken for her and trying to think of ways to make life easier for her and to bring happiness to her life. 

Feeling: Happy. We enjoyed our trip and also managed to get a lot done around the yard while we were home. It was a good weekend. 

Looking forward to: We have some fun plans for next weekend but I can't tell you about them just yet. 

Question of the week: We both enjoy a quick weekend trip to recharge our batteries. Do you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment