Sunday, February 6, 2022

Life: It Goes On - February 6

Happy Sunday! How are all of you who are buried under snow lately faring? Here we have had almost none and, as much as I love not having to drive on dangerous roads, I'm so tired of looking at brown lawns and so concerned that we are not getting enough moisture this winter. You know I'm going to be upset come spring if this means my lawn and gardens won't thrive this year!

Last Week I: 

Listened To: Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr. I'm racing today to finish it before it gets returned. It is so interesting and I'm loving the interconnected stories.

Watched: If you've been around long, you'll know that I've been watching a lot of the winter Olympics since they started a couple of days before the actual opening ceremonies. 

Read: I read this month's book club selection, Dear Fahrenheit 451, and have developed a new "game" for us to play based on it. I also continue to read Thirty Umrigar's Honor. I love her books so much and am happy to stretch this one out. 

Made: Good progress on training ourselves to think about eating differently. As I'm not willing to give up on flavor (as in, no fat-free cheeses or sour cream for this girl), portion control is huge as is finding things to eat that are filling, low in calories, and that taste good. We're getting there. 

Enjoyed:
 Yesterday was salon day and you know how much I live for those mornings, especially when I have time after my appointment to do a little thrift store shopping. I found some good stuff yesterday, including old editions of Jane Eyre and Adam Bede

This Week I’m:  

Planning: Today I'm taking down the winter decor that is what I left up after Christmas. I know what the groundhog said but I'm over winter at this point. I'm not, however, taking down my snowmen yet - I wouldn't want to jinx us with a blizzard, even though I know we need the snow. 

Thinking About: Everything. My brain is on overdrive lately. It's actually part of the reason I've been trying to read more lately. If I can get into a book, it clears away the other things. 

Feeling: Sad. Found out the other night that one of my Tier Ones is moving. I'm happy for them - they will be closer to their grandbaby but we are really going to miss them both. The bright spot is that they are moving someplace we travel to often so we will still get to see them. 

Looking forward to: Watching a virtual event of A Conversation with Edwidge Danticat on Wednesday. I've long been wanting to read her work, especially after Julia Alvarez raved about her work at an event we went to a couple of years ago. Putting in a request for one of her books from the library today. 

Question of the week: Are you watching the Olympics? If so, what's your favorite winter sport?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't watched much of the Olympics this year but I usually watch quite a bit. I've heard such good things about Cloud Cuckoo Land. I hope you were able to finish it! Always a bit of a challenge racing the due date. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete