Sunday, September 11, 2022

Life: It Goes On - September 11

Happy Sunday! It's a beautiful, sunny day here - just the same kind of day as it was 21 years ago on this day when we woke and everything was normal...until it wasn't. 

I meant for this day to be a productive one around Casa Shep, but I'd forgotten that I had an author event to attend in the afternoon with a friend. Then that just carried over to dinner with our guys on our patio. So...seven hours after I first left the house (and a half bottle of wine!), I cleaned up the kitchen and decided nothing much more was getting done around here. But it turns out to be just what I needed!

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I continued to listen to The Perfume Thief last week, which I'll finish tomorrow. I also listened to a couple of Glennon Doyle's podcast, We Can Do Hard Things.

Watched: Football - le big sigh. My teams did not fare well this weekend. 

Read: I finished two books last week! Both of which I also reviewed! Yeah, me - it was a good week. Seems I can read when I've discovered that I'm behind on reading that I've committed to for TLC Book Tours. This weekend I finished Maud Newton's Ancestor Trouble. Tonight I'll start Elizabeth Strout's lates, Lucy by the Sea

Made: Onion dip and bruschetta - yep, that's about as creative as I got all week. Again. <insert another big sigh>

Enjoyed: By sister and brother-in-law were down to pick up some things from my dad's house and to help get things sorted and packed before his big move. I took off Friday to give myself extra time with them. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: After a couple more days of cat sitting, we'll finally be able to leave our basement door open again which will allow us to work on cleaning up down there some more. Both The Big Guy and I need to part with some things down there (ok, a lot of things), which we're more committed to doing now more than ever. 

Thinking About: Bed. It's been a busy three days and this should have been done before it was nearly bedtime. 

Feeling: It's getting harder and harder to pack things up at my dad's house but harder yet to watch him see the home he and my mom created being dismantled. 

Looking forward to: Saturday I'm meeting up with a friend I met through blogging, maybe ten years ago. At that time, she was a college student. She's now married to a man from Nebraska and, thanks to him bringing her this way, I've gotten to met up with her a couple of times before. Can't wait to see them again!

Quote of the week: “It didn’t matter how big our house was; it mattered that there was love in it.” — Peter Buffett

No comments:

Post a Comment