Sunday, September 18, 2022

Life: It Goes On - September 18

Happy sunny Sunday! The leaves are, happily, no where near as golden here yet. I know so many of you are all about the arrival of fall in all of it's glorious color, and I'm not against that color at all. But this year, for some reason, I can't get past the idea that fall is nothing more than a season of things dying as winter approaches. Someone send me your best ideas for living in the season!

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: I finished The Perfume Thief and have started Julia Alvarez' Afterlife. It's read by Alma Cuervo and she's excellent. 

Watched: The Big Guy has been out of the house a lot these past few days so I've had the television to myself. Since I've been listening to Hamilton in the mornings, when I'm getting ready for work, it was time for a rewatch of it, as well. I also watched a couple of episodes of Orange Is The New Black as I work to get through the series. I'm not loving this final season (and, also, Miss H is not here to watch it with me) so I've not been in a rush to watch it. 

Read: I'm still reading Elizabeth Strout's Lucy By The Sea. I must admit, as much as I like Lucy as a character, it's not the book for me right now so it's work to read it. I'm not really sure what is the book for me right now, as nothing seems to really grab me and pull me in. 

Made: With TBG out of the house so much lately, I've been cooking even less than normal this week. I did make a salad for a potluck dinner last night. An eight-year-old sat at dinner with me and I was so surprised to see her picking through the lettuce in that salad to try to find the purple onion! 

with Lori in Lincoln's Railyard
(yes, that's a whiskey/coke at 10 a.m. - 
don't judge!)
Enjoyed:
 We had ourselves quite the day yesterday, on the road to Lincoln at 7 am to get out ahead of game day traffic. We started at a work-related pregame party where we enjoyed a yummy breakfast. Then we met up with a friend (who I met through blogging and who know works for DYI MFA which any aspiring writer should check out) who had come up from Oklahoma for the game. We did the obligatory time in the Railyard with several hundred of our closest friends (well, they were close, anyway, once we had to squeeze under the awnings when the rain started). 

We finished our day at a potluck dinner with my dad's neighbors on the patio of neighbors who have become family over the past 46 years. Except being a little humid, it was a lovely evening highlighted by my dad singing his friends a farewell song and talking about the highlights of living in the neighborhood for 54 years. TBG and I were both so caught up talking to people that neither of us took one single picture!

This Week I’m:  

Planning: As this week will officially bring in fall, I'm planning on decorating for fall. Also, my neighbors have a dumpster in their driveway; we're hoping they'll invite us (as they have when they did this previously) to put somethings in it so I'm planning on getting rid of somethings in our basement so that things can be rearranged. 

Thinking About: We are now only about four weeks away from my dad's move so this week I will do one of my favorite things (I'm not even kidding when I say that). I've taken measurements of all of the furniture he's planning on taking and I'll cut out scale versions and plot it all out on a floor plan of each room of his apartment and think about how it will all fit best. 

Feeling: I slept nine hours last night and it was just what I needed. I have so much energy today and, now that I'm back to doing my physical therapy exercises my back is feeling so much better. 

Looking forward to: Book club this week. 

Quote of the week: “You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing.” – E.B. White

No comments:

Post a Comment