Sunday, September 25, 2022

Life: It Goes On - September 25

Happy (again, sunny!) Sunday! It's been a roller coaster of a weather week here (maybe for you, too?). Upper 90's Tuesday, sweater weather Wednesday, hot again Saturday, perfect today. That's September in the Midwest. It's convinced me to go all in on the fall decor. And by fall decor, I mean there are now pumpkins everywhere. The Big Guy hit up the pumpkin patch for me over his lunch hour the other day and came home with a big wheelbarrow full of pumpkins and gourds. Which seemed like more than we could possibly need. And so I bought nine more of various sizes today.

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: I finished Julia Alvarez's Afterlife and played a mixed bag of music while getting ready in the morning. 

Watched: College football and Husker volleyball. 

Read: I finished Elizabeth Strout's latest, Lucy By The Sea and started both Denise Mina's Confidence and Jodi Picoult's Mad Honey

Made: Pioneer Woman's corn cakes with avocado salsa. So much work, and what a mess, but we enjoyed them as a meal. 

Enjoyed: Breakfast with TBG's brother and sister-in-law today at a place TBG has been wanting to try to years. Nothing fancy, perfectly good food; the company was terrific and we are loving having them in Lincoln full time now so that we can enjoy time with them on the spur of the moment. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: My blog feed has not been working for several weeks. I'm planning to either get that issue resolved this week or to try to find one that is more reliable. 

Thinking About:
 
My mom. I have so many questions as we come across things that raise questions no one can answer. Everything I touch in my parents' home brings memories of time with her. 

Feeling: Except for an unplanned trip back to Lincoln today, it's been a very, much needed, relaxing weekend. 

Looking forward to: Dinners on the patio this week. The forecast looks like I'm going to get a lot of time out there this week and I'm all about spending as much time out there as I can before the weather gets to cold to enjoy it. 

Quote of the week: “Happiness doesn’t have just one address.” -Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment