Sunday, February 26, 2023

Life: It Goes On - February 27

Happy sunny, almost the end of winter, Sunday! Our weather roller coaster is the the upside meaning March is going to come in like a lamb this year. Does that mean that, in an inverse of the old saying, it will go out like a lion? Good golly, I hope not; by the end of March I'm hoping we'll be having some days that make me consider dinner on the patio (yes, we will almost certainly still need to wear jackets to do that and any hot food will cool quickly, still...). 

We did have one day this week that got icy and yer girl here fell in the parking lot at work. Proving that I'm not so old that any fall will mean a broken bone, which is good, I guess. Also, figured out pretty quickly that I was more concerned with how embarrassing it was than whether or not I was actually hurt. Proving that you can be in your sixties and still as worried about what other people think of you as you did when you were a teenager. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I'm finishing up Nine Perfect Strangers today, which I'm now listening to at 1.5x speed, just to get through it before it expires. I really haven't gotten into it and haven't been able to make myself choose to listen to it when I'm not in the car. Next up is Matt Haig's Reasons To Stay Alive, which I should be able to get through this week. 

Watched: I finished season 3 of Emily In Paris, watched the second to last episode of Orange Is The New Black (finally!) and the second to last episode of season 5 of The Crown and we finished season 1 of Wednesday. I finally have The Big Guy convinced to consider the streaming services before mindlessly scrolling through regular television. 

Read: I finished Isaac Fitzgerald's Dirtbag, Massachusetts and Elizabeth Berg's Earth's the Right Place for Love. Next up is Simon Parkin's The Island of Extraordinary Captives: A Painter, A Poet, An Heiress, and A Spy in A World War II British Internment Camp. I discovered that in the NY Times book reviews and it sounded interesting; but, now that I've got the book in my hands, I'm not sure I'm up for something that is bound to be depressing. 

Made: A chicken and vegetable base that one night turned into chicken and dumplings and another night turned into chicken and rice. 

Enjoyed: Book club on Tuesday and dinner with friends around the kitchen table last night. You've gotta love the kind of company that means you can wear your slippers. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: 40 Bags In 40 Days started Wednesday and we're off to a slow start. Yesterday I started work on the basement and that will continue much of the rest of the time. I've got a plan for what I want things to look like when we're all done and a plan to get us there. Now if I can just keep BG moving forward! 

Thinking About: We booked our tickets to Alaska this week so now I'm thinking about what things we'll do, what things we'll take, what things I need to buy before we leave. 

Feeling:
Excited. See above. One of the things we'll do is to take one of the boat tours for whale watching; I've wanted to see a whale for most of my life and I can't wait. 

Looking forward to: Seeing Miss H next weekend. 

Question of the week: Both of our girls will celebrate their birthdays on Wednesday. Miss H is easy to shop for but Ms S is tougher since they live in such a small house and it's so expensive to ship things to her. What would you choose for a woman who's turning 35?

No comments:

Post a Comment