Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - My Favorite Love Stories


If you've been around long, you don't that I'm not a reader of the genre of books known as romance. But that's not to say that I don't enjoy a great love story. Here are ten of my favorites: 

1. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - one of the few books that has ever made me truly sob. Classic tale of two disparate people coming together to fall in love but so, so very different from any other love story I've ever read. 

2. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell - two teenage misfits find each other...in Omaha. Yep, that personal touch makes this one even more appealing but it's the characters and the recollection of young love that makes this one special. And the mystery of those three words. 

3. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion - you couldn't find two more different characters but you can't help but hope that Don will allow himself to fall in love. 

4. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - Claire and Henry remain true to each other despite Henry's inability to stay in time. He is there and then he's gone as he moves in and out of Claire's life and in time throughout his own life. 

5. Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman - proving that there is someone out there for everyone and that that someone might just save you. 

6. Brooklyn by Colm Toibin - maybe not one you'd usually see on a love story list, but I loved watching Tony try to win over Ellis and then almost losing her to another man who she could equally love. 

7. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter - the story of a love that almost was and then was found again. 

8. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - yes, I know this one is really problematic but I still love it. 

9 Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen - so many love stories in this one; I'm always torn by which character I love more. 

10. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - my all time favorite romance and book. The ultimate story of two people who grow to love and appreciate each other. 



4 comments:

  1. Mystica VarathapalanFebruary 14, 2023 at 2:42 AM

    I’ve read just four from your list and they were all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read 8 of these and loved them all! (Note to self: try Beautiful Ruins and The Rosie Project)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a few on your list that I've read and loved and a few that I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Pride and Prejudice is one of my all-time favorite love stories, too. :D

    ReplyDelete