Monday, December 11, 2023

Life: It Goes On - December 11

Happy Monday! The weekend got away from and today almost did as well. It's been an unusual week at Casa Shep. My brother was here all week to be the person spending time with my dad and watching out to make sure he was getting good care. He was super easy to have around and he and The Big Guy spent a lot of evenings away from the house so I had a lot of time to myself. Plus, he even made supper on Friday night. We were happy to have his pick up here because...

Mini-him is moving in with his girlfriend's apartment and has spent the past two weekends moving things there. And into our basement. They only plan to be at her place for a couple of months; and then will start looking for a bigger place so needed to keep much of what wouldn't fit now. Just when we had our house all to ourselves! I hope. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: Wellness by Nathan Hill and a lot of Christmas music. 

Watched:
 Holiday Inn (how did I not remember that incredibly racist scene?!), Scrooged, and Hannah Waddingham: Home For Christmas all to help keep up my holiday spirits. Oh yeah, and the Nebraska volleyball team win their way to the NCAA Final Four! So impressed with this team!

Read: Helene Hanff's The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street and Christy Lefteri's The Book of Fire. Next up is Patrick Bringley's All The Beauty In The World: The Metropolitan Museum of Art and Me. 

Made: Once again this week BG did most of the cooking, with the except of the meal my brother made. I am, however, making a cheesecake for tomorrow night's book club holiday party. 

Enjoyed: Time with my brother, dessert and drinks with friends on Saturday (we've hung out together so long our tickets were identical!), and dinner with friends last night. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: Shopping will be finished this week, Christmas cards will get mailed, and packages will be shipped. 

Thinking About: Next up - Christmas goodies! 

Feeling: More relaxed than I did a week and a half ago. My dad is doing great, I had that break from caregiving, and things are in good shape around here. 

Looking forward to: My book club's holiday party tomorrow night and dinner with BG's sibs and their spouses this weekend. 

Question of the week: Do you still do Christmas cards? We have only received one so far this year. I still enjoy sending them and getting them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment