Sunday, December 3, 2023

Life: It Goes On - December 3


Happy Sunday! What a week it's been. I mentioned last week that my dad was diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs and leg last weekend. He was in the hospital until Wednesday, when he was transferred to a rehab facility, where he will be for a least the next month. I cannot say enough about the marvelous care he received while in the hospital, nor how relieved I was to have my siblings with me through last weekend. The three of us, and our spouses, are as one when it comes to getting through the tough times. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I started listening to The Measure by Nikki Erlick but it had to go back to the library long before I was able to finish it. So I've started Nathan Hill's Wellness. 

Watched: Football and volleyball, of course. Christmas viewing has commenced. Last weekend my sister and I watched White Christmas, the other night The Big Guy and I watched The Grinch (animated version - it's the best), and today I watched Love Actually while I decorated. 

Read: Still working on The Fairytale Life of Dorothy Gale. It's pretty much just the kind of read my mind needs right now. 

Made: Not a gosh darn thing. BG has been the best this week and made all of the meals; two nights, while my dad was still in the hospital, he even packaged up dinners and brought them to the hospital. 

Enjoyed: Decorating for Christmas. I pulled bins up one or two at a time this year, sorting them and getting rid of more than a bin's worth of stuff so far. You all know how much I love to declutter and reduce! I still have far too much and will likely get rid of more when I take things back down. Tonight, I'm enjoying the sparkle of lights all over my house. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On finishing up the decorating. 

Thinking About: What we can do to make my dad's stay in the rehab facility a little more homey and festive during his stay there. 

Feeling: Grateful - my brother has come up to help keep my dad company this week. 

Looking forward to: Working on my book club's reading list for 2024. 

Question of the week: Have you finished your decorating? 

No comments:

Post a Comment