Sunday, March 24, 2024

Life: It Goes On - March 24

Happy Sunday! Just last week I was thinking that it always seems to be sunny on Sunday when I'm typing this up. Not today. We've had grey skies and colder temps for the past couple of days. I'm not a fan but it's to be expected in March, I suppose.  

It's been another busy week. My dad was not released from the hospital until Wednesday and then he moved into a different skilled rehabilitation facility. It's a much nicer facility, lovely room, great staff...and he thinks he might be able to be happy living there for the rest of his days. So we may be emptying his new apartment back out again and settling into what will, hopefully, be his forever home. I just want him to get stable, be safe and as happy as he can be, and be well cared for and then I can relax a little. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: Dani Shapiro's Signal Fires and Emma Cline's The Guest

Watched: A whole lot of college basketball. 

Read: American Daughter by Maurice Carlos Ruffin. 

Made: French silk pie, strawberry pie, cheesy hash browns, seven-layer salad, ham - yep, we celebrated Easter this weekend. 

Enjoyed: My sister and her husband arrived Thursday evening and their son and his wife arrived Friday. They've all had a busy weekend, visiting parents/grandparents. It's been a relief to have my sister take on the care of my dad for a few days. Last night Mini-him and Miss C joined all of us for an Easter dinner. We've had fun evenings of talking, laughing and a few bottles of wine. But I don't think any of us took a single picture all weekend! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Week I’m:  

Planning: Plans are fluid these days. I don't do as well when plans are fluid and it's part of the reason I've been so exhausted. We may begin moving some things over to the new place...or we may not. 

Thinking About: How many books I have that need to be read and wishing I could just take a couple of days off of work to spend doing nothing but reading. 

Feeling: Less physically and emotionally exhausted now that we've had some backup for a few days. I even took a two-hour nap this morning.

Looking forward to: Book club on Tuesday. 

Question of the week: Our holidays have certainly changed in the past few years and I'm missing the traditions. Any tips for how to create new traditions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment