Sunday, March 31, 2024

Life: It Goes On - March 31

Happy Easter to all who celebrate! We are having a quiet day at Chez Shep, having done what passed for our Easter celebration last weekend. Mini-him is off celebrating with Miss C's family, Miss H is working, and, of course, Mini-me and Ms S are far too far away to join us. It's just as well; there are so many things around here that need to be done, not the least of which is to finish up the taxes. Makes this grey, chilly day feel even less appealing! 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished Let Us Descend and Life In Five Senses. I'm now back to The Guest which I need to finish in the next couple of days because I have both The Marriage Portrait and The Maid read to listen to in the next 14 days. 

Watched: So much college basketball. And the first episode of season one of Guy Ritchie's The Gentleman. If you've ever seen any of Ritchie's work, you'll already know that it's very violent and bloody. Not my usual thing but one of those things you end up watching because that's what your spouse turns on and you're too tired to get up and take yourself to bed. 

Read: Still American Daughters. I've spent a lot of my "reading" time listening to books because I had so many come ready at once. But now I find myself with books expiring on NetGalley and books to be returned to the library soon so I may just have to make time for both reading and listening this week. 

Made: Butterscotch cake with butterscotch syrup for dessert last night. Otherwise, I really have cooked much at all, as we've been working our way through last weekend's leftovers or eaten out. 

Enjoyed: Baseball Friday night with friends. The Omaha Stormchasers' (the Kansas City Royals' Triple A farm team) opened the season on a night that seemed like it would be relatively warm...and it was, until the wind came up and we bailed in the 10th inning. Last night, we had friends over for carryout pizza, a yummy salad they brought, and that cake. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Week I’m:  

Planning: Some decisions need to be made this week which will dictate on the rest of the week goes. 

Thinking About: A possible trip this summer. 

Feeling: This grey day has me battling a headache so everything I'm getting done is a real effort. 

Looking forward to: Miss H gets two of her wisdom teeth pulled on Wednesday so I'm going down to take care of her for a couple of days. Not that I'm looking forward to having her being in pain but I do love to embrace Mom mode. 

Question of the week: How's your bracket holding up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment