Sunday, October 20, 2024

Life: It Goes On - October 20

Happy Sunday! It's a beautiful fall morning here - temperatures are perfect and the sun is that wonderful soft golden color. The trees are changing colors and the neighborhood is bustling with activity. 

The only down side is that those activities (including ours) are all about getting lawns and gardens ready for winter. Yesterday we pulled up the tomato, pepper, and zinnia plants so the gardens are already looking brown and sad. 

I saw a post the other day of a woman doing something in those spaces to make them less depressing for the rest of the fall and I was definitely, absolutely going to do that in our spaces...except I can't remember what it was she did. Which is a peek into the way my brain works (or doesn't) these days. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished The Hazelbourne Ladies Motorcycle and Flying Club and started Colm Toibin's latest, Long Island (which is a follow up to Brooklyn). 


Watched: Baseball, volleyball, and football (although I had to shut off my Huskers yesterday). 


Read: Grief Is For People by Sloan Crowley. 


Made: I'm pretty sure that I did not make a single thing this week...either the Big Guy was doing the cooking or I doing some version of eating out. 


Enjoyed: Book club Tuesday, getting my hair done Wednesday, dinner out with a coworker on Thursday, dinner and drinks on the deck at some friends' Friday night. I went to a class reunion last night but I can't say that I enjoyed that; got strong armed into going but the people that I would most like to see and reminisce with weren't there. It was an unusually busy week! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week I’m:  


Planning: I'll probably spend most of my free time this week working on the house - there are so many things I want to get done before our Thanksgiving guests arrive. Important things like cleaning out guest room closets! 


Thinking About: Was telling someone that I was getting a couple of vaccines Friday and had two more scheduled for a couple of weeks from now to which she replied "well, when you start speaking Russian, I won't be surprised." Can't stop thinking about that - it's people like her that have caused whopping cough cases to surge in my county and me to feel like I needed the vaccine. Also, if I wake up one day speaking a foreign language without having to pay for Duelingo, yea me! 


Feeling: Ready for the two days I schedule off this week just because I have time to burn before the end of the year. 


Looking forward to: We're going to see a one-man performance of Dracula Saturday night. 


Question of the week: Anyone have any good ideas as to how we get people to put as much money into doing good as they do into political campaigns? I'm so over the tv ads, the vitriol on social media, and my mail box being filled with flyers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment