Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday Salon - September 21

Bloggiesta success! I've gotten so much done this weekend! Not much of it shows but I'll have my book reviews caught up and scheduled, four other posts are written and scheduled, my feed reader was empty as of midnight, I've spent a lot of time on my labels and they are looking much better (although I doubt I will get them entirely cleaned up yet), and I'm working on a mini-challenge that will be very noticeable in my family room (assuming I get it done). I'm not sure how much more I'll get done - I've got a lot of reading to do in the next couple of days before book club on Tuesday, company coming today, and The Big Guy gets back today from a work trip.

This Week I'm:

Listening To: I started Sarah's Key this week. It's a book that switches back and forth in time and it's a little jarring on audio when it does that. Otherwise, I'm enjoying it.

Watching: The Roosevelts on PBS. So interesting and I've learned so much. Now I want to get to Doris Kearns Goodwin's No Ordinary Time and The Bully Pulpit. Oh yeah, and football.

Reading: I'm racing through The Perfume Collector before book club on Tuesday. I didn't know anything about it going in but I guess I was under the impression that it would be a little bit on the light side. Enjoying it much more than I expected.

Making: With BG gone and the kids at work so much this week, I haven't made much at all. Mini-me spent the day at home yesterday so I did make him some pizza and caramel chocolate brownies.

Planning: I started a book reorganization project as a mini-challenge that I need to get finished and I'll probably continue to tweak for the next week or so.

Grateful: I miss BG when he's gone but I've got to admit, I have enjoyed the quiet while he's been gone!

Enjoying: Saturday night with Miss H. She unexpectedly had the night off and we haven't gotten to have any time together in much too long.

Feeling: Like it's time to embrace fall. Even though I did have to turn the air-conditioning back on this weekend. Never mind - the fall decorating is going up and I had a pumpkin spice frappucino the other day.

Looking forward to: Book club Tuesday - love my evenings with these ladies!

What are you grateful for this week? Have you started to wrap your mind around the fact that fall is here?

8 comments:

  1. This is the second post I have read today talking about the PBS series - I need to check it out! I am impressed with your blogging catch-up - my poor blog has been abandoned of late but I want to try to get it back on track. Enjoy embracing Fall - it is my favorite season too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you enjoying The Perfume Collector?

    Have you done any Audible books? I downloaded a few to try.

    We're enjoying The Roosevelts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a little behind with The Roosevelts, but will catch up this week. I read No Ordinary Time years ago and loved it, but still need to find time for Bully Pulpit.

    Fall is definitely here - my decorations are up and the mums are in. Our highs may not reach 60 tomorrow, but we'll have beautiful weather with temps around 70 for the rest of the week. Just about perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a tiny hint of fall here in California but only a slight change in the quality of light. Enough to make me want to light candles but not enough to make me pull all the fall stuff out.

    Your baking always leaves me drooling. I have to bake for the choir bake sale this weekend and I picked up a giant box of gluten free brownie mix for myself, so that I can enjoy at least one treat while preparing three dozens "somethings" haven't decided what yet. Probably brownies too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As for fall being here, I'm looking forward to the snow (in theory) and the cold weather (so I can wear different clothes and dive into my sweater collection). In reality though, it's been kind of cold the past few days with highs in the 60s, and I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you were able to get a lot done for Bloggiesta! I was just thinking about all the things I need to do blog wise--unfortunately Bloggiesta is never at a convenient time for me so that's out. But I am trying to get things done here and there. :-)

    We had a nice weekend with the windows open--and now the air conditioning is back on for me too. I enjoy summer, but I am looking forward to cooler temperatures.

    I hope you have a wonderful week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same when Scott's gone--miss him terribly (and the extra two hands with the girls) but I also like the quiet evenings when the girls are in bed. Plus dinner is much simpler when I don't have a man stomach to cook for. :)

    I had the same problem with Sarah's Key. I'm not sure I even finished it--was so long ago.

    Today on my walk I noticed turning leaves. I can't believe it! Normally we don't see color until Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to watching the Roosevelts! Glad you are enjoying it. I'm so ready for Fall. It's cooling off here in Japan but the Fall colors haven't hit yet. I'm looking forward to all your Fall goodies you're going to make! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete