Sunday, March 5, 2017

Life: It Goes On - March 5

Thank god, because last week is a week we're all ready to put behind us! A lot of drama and even more illness. I won't go into details; suffice to say that all three of us missed at least a day of work. Late Friday I finally found the energy to finally be disgusted by how messy my house was (and how badly I needed to shower) and then I knew I was rounding the corner. So glad it's warm enough again this weekend to throw open windows and air the place out!


This Week I'm:

Listening To: I'm finally able to listen to the news on NPR in my car without becoming so enraged that I'm a risk to other drivers so I'm trying to keep informed during some of my drive time. Otherwise, I started Lorrie Moore's A Gate At The Stairs and I'm really enjoying its "voice."

Watching: The new season of The Voice. I adore Gwen Stefani and I'm happy to have her back but I'm already getting real tired of the flirting and constant references to her relationship with Blake Shelton. Plus, what's the point in getting invested if it all plays out to having the country singer win again?

Reading: Nothing. Seriously. I have not been able to focus on reading at all this week. But I did get a box of books this week from Better World Books which was a bright spot in the week!

Making: Even less than I've been reading.

Planning: On getting caught up with 40 Bags In 40 Days. I had plotted out 40 separate spaces and didn't do anything on any of them for the first three days. I HATE falling off schedules!

Thinking About: How to beat Level 158 on Two Dots. Because that's about the only thing I've been able to focus on for days. Pathetic.

Enjoying: My friend's Oscar party last weekend. How about that ending?! Always a fun night and I'm proud to say that I took back my crown by guessing carefully researching and selecting the correct winners.

Feeling: Frustrated by so many wasted days.

Looking forward to: Energy. Please come back soon!

Question of the week: I've got nothing for you this week. That's how my mind is working just now.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you guys have been ill. That is frustrating when you feel like you have things to accomplish. However, new week, new mindset - right? Hope this one is better and take care - your energy will return. 'Just breathe.' - my mantra for the year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, hope you are back to your old self soon; hate being out of sorts. I had a good reading week last week, finished off 3 books but, I waste way too much time playing Yahtzee and Scrabble on my phone -- it's an obsession really -- sigh. Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can listen to NPR while in the car? I seriously cannot handle any news channels right now. I am having a hard enough time with headlines.

    I'm sorry you all got sick. That blows. I am glad you are feeling better though. It is cold today. The high is supposed to be 65 but by Wednesday they are predicting 88 degrees or close to it. That is too much of a shift for me.

    ReplyDelete