Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - The Longest Books I've Ever Read


For this week's Top Ten Tuesday, Jana (That Artsy Reader Girl) is asking us to list the longest books we've ever read. I'll be honest, in the past nine years, since I started blogging, I've sort of shied away from long books. Long books mean you might not have any books to review for two or three weeks. Even when I'm in a blogging or reading rut, I generally don't go that long without a review. But I've managed to read quite a few long books in my lifetime. Now if I can just remember which ones...

Oh yeah, I've read:

1. Under The Dome by Stephen King - 1088 pages

2. The Stand by Stephen King - 1472 pages

3. Bleak House by Charles Dickens - 912 pages

4. Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell - 983 pages

5. Chesapeake by James Michener - 1024 pages

6. Space by James Michener - 808 pages

7. Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow - 904 pages

8. I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb - 897 pages

9. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens - 882 pages

10. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - 850 pages

Well, that was easier than I thought (thanks, Goodreads, for letting me sort books by page count!). Turns out I've read quite a lot of books over 700 pages long. I've been such a reading fiend of late (and hence will have a lot of reviews up through the end of the year), I think I'm going to pick something big for December. Maybe Vikram Seth's A Suitable Boy, which has been languishing on my shelves for some years because it's scary big. Or Michel Faber's The Crimson Petal and The White which is sort of titled to match the colors of the season? I'm loving this idea and the possibilities!

2 comments:

  1. One of mine is Stephen King too! Gone With the Wind, yup. Thank goodness for Goodreads because I had forgotten a lot of these books...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Know This Much Is True was soooo good! So was The Stand.

    ReplyDelete