I was all fired up for Bloggiesta. I couldn't wait to get home from work to get started. I had a to-do list ready. I steeped some Chinese Jasmine tea. And then I hit a wall. Where to start? So I headed over to Maw Books to check out the mini-challenges and right off the bat say Rebecca's mini-challenge "Set Goals for 2010" which seemed like as good a place to start as any.
Every January, I make the usual resolutions: lose weight, get more organized, paint a few rooms, etc. And every year, I make it about a month (just like you, I would guess) then I start to taper off. This year I resolved to make fewer resolutions. And I'm going to try to keep my blogging goals to a doable number as well.
1. Work on putting more of my own voice into my reviews. This is something I've been trying to work on for the past few months and I'm getting closer to where I want it to be.
2. Take notes while I'm reading to make writing the reviews easier. I've resisted this. It felt too much like homework. So I think I'll use an index card so I don't get too carried away. I've been wanting to include more quotes and this will help with that as well.
3. Reach out to authors. I'd like to include more guest posts and author Q & A's. Who knows--some of the authors might not even be with us any more!
4. Get back to doing Friday Favorites. There have certainly been plenty of books I've loved over the years.
5. Do Sunday Salons every Sunday--on Sunday!
How to reach the goals? I've already begun working on a blogging calendar for this year to help track some things. I'll plan to work on Friday Favorites and Sunday Salons on any day that I'm not doing a book review. And I'll use this weekend to start reaching out to authors. Thanks Rebecca for encouraging me to do this!