Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Salon - August 29


Amazon has released their Fall Reading Preview. I find it very interesting that they have a separate category for Blockbusters, Fiction and Nonfiction. Are they not anticipating that any of the fiction or nonfiction books will become blockbusters? Leading the list of fiction is Jonathon Franzen's "Freedom" and Ken Follett's "Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy)" heads up the blockbusters.

NPR's Summer Reading section is highlighting nonfiction books to ease us out of summer and into the fall. I know many of you are fans of Anthony Bourdain and his latest, "Medium Raw" makes the list as does "The Daily Show's" Samantha Bee with "i know i am, but what are you?"

I'm continuing with the read-a-long of The Handmaid's Tale this week, as well as starting (a week late) the Bleak House read-a-long and reading "Finny." I only hope I can keep it all straight. What's on you reading agenda for the week?