Sunday, November 25, 2018

Life: It Goes On - November 25

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and are getting to enjoy a four-day weekend. Ours has been fun; but, like all weekends, I could use one more day!

It's a good thing I had been reading voraciously up until this week so I had some reviews to post because this week I have done very little reading. I don't anticipate doing much today, either. It's not even that I'm not enjoying the books I'm reading and listening to; I am. It's just that my focus has been everywhere else. And I do mean everywhere. Which means that nothing has gotten my full attention. My novel for NaNoWriMo? I'm about 29,000 words behind. I've spent a fair amount of time considering how I will decorate for winter/Christmas but only yesterday did I take down the fall/Thanksgiving decor and pull up the Christmas bins.

One of the things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving is that we have this extra week between now and the next holidays. I need it!

Last Week I:

Listened To: I'll finally be finishing Five Days At Memorial today. It's very well read and an incredible piece of journalism.

Watched: Football, volleyball, John Oliver's Last Week Tonight, more football, and, last night I stayed up late watching My Cousin Vinny. I'm always blown away by Marisa Tomei's performance in that movie.

Read: Still working my way through Heirs of the Founders and What We Talk About When We Talk About Rape.

Made: Two of the best looking pumpkin pies I've ever made, gingerbread with golden raisins, and chocolate chip cookies. I'm sure I made something healthy and wholesome for actual meals but I can't remember what that might have been.

Enjoyed: Spending time with family, especially The Princess, who kept us all entertained. Thursday she "helped" her grandma by picking up the potato peels Grandma was putting on the table and putting them into a pan. You know, the pan Grandma would have been putting the peels into if The Princess wasn't there "helping!" She was so proud of herself.

This Week I’m: 

Planning: On getting the Christmas/winter decorations put up this week.

Thinking About: Traditions. We had a much smaller group for Thanksgiving this year, just 11 adults. But we still carried on the traditions. The guys went off Thursday afternoon (which was gorgeous, btw) to kick field goals and the ladies went off and did some damage on Black Friday. It wasn't quite the same but it still feels good to keep things going.

Feeling: Like I should set aside that novel - there's no way I'm getting to 50,000 words in the next week and I've already written more than I've ever written before so it seems pointless to continue on with it. NaNoWriMo is a great idea but it would work a lot better for me if it were in, say, February, when there's not so much going on.

Looking forward to: A quiet week.

Question of the week: I've been looking at ways lately to lighten up and one of the ways is to do less decorating for the holidays, a trend I've seen on blogs and Instagram. I'm going to try it this year but I'm a little afraid it won't feel so much like Christmas. Are you part of that less-is-fine camp or are  you still looking forward to getting your full festive on?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you all had a lovely Thanksgiving. I have yet to taste an amazing pumpkin pie so I'd love to try yours someday! I enjoy all the decor for the Holidays but I've had to admit that I can't bake, make, and plan all the things with G every year. So I get some things done but not others. But we always try for a good time! I hope you can rest up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't intending to lighten it up. I didn't even know it was a thing this year but I was just not feeling it. So when I pulled the stuff out, I only put half of it up and I am okay with it. Except there is one thing I meant to put out but didn't see so now I don't know if it's worth it to go through all of it to find it or to just skip it. I mean, it will come around again so quickly anyway. Seriously!

    I forgot to schedule my Sunday post so I am "post-less" and just now reading again so hopefully I'll have content soon. I have so much to say but not much time to write it these days.

    I wanted to ask you about 5 Days at Memorial. In your opinion, do you think the doc did the right thing? I was half half about it. I don't like to see people suffer and I certainly would not want them to be unable to breathe for long periods of time but to make the decision to end their lives?? Not so sure about that.

    ReplyDelete