Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday...Wednesday - Backlist Books I Want To Read


This week That Artsy Reader Girl (a.k.a. Jana) has asked us to make a list of ten backlist titles we want to read. Let’s be honest, my actual list is about 900 books. But here are ten by authors whose work I’ve enjoyed and want to read more of, in no particular order:

1. Truth and Beauty by Ann Patchett

2. 11/22/63 by Stephen King

3. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

4. White Teeth by Zadie Smith

5. The Story of a New Name by Elena Ferrante

6. Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout

7. Affinity by Sarah Waters

8. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

9. Orpheus: Fifty New Myths by Kate Bernheimer

10. The Lost City of Z by David Grann

Have you read any of these? Which do you think I should move to the top of my reading list?

4 comments:

  1. Affinity is on my list. Loved The Little Stranger. A lot of these are on my list as well! Good luck with the ever-growing pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Song of Achilles and 11/22/63 were both outstanding. I did not like Blind Assassin and it really put me off Margaret Atwood for awhile. I started Lost City of Z, but honestly it just didn’t appeal to me at the time—not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to 11/22/63 and thought it was wonderful. I also read Amy and Isabelle, but it was years ago and I don't remember much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Song of Achilles and Amy and Isabelle. Very different books but both entirely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete