Sunday, January 10, 2021

Life: It Goes On - January 10

Happy Sunday! Well, at least I hope you are having a happy Sunday. As if the past week weren't bad enough, we are now in quarantine because of a family member testing positive. So frustrating when we have all been so careful for all of these months. So this is a less than happy Sunday in our house! I'll be cleaning the heck out of the house, setting up a containment area for my patient, and hoping like hell that I don't catch it.

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: Akwaeke Emezi's The Death of Vivek Oji. It's a heartbreaker. 

Watched: A lot of the news, a lot of football, and What's Up, Bernadette, finally.

Read: Rachel Joyce's Miss Benson's Beetle, which is charming and filled with quirky characters and even though I sort of feel like quirky characters are getting to be a trope, I've enjoyed it.

My latest find
Made: Sourdough bread, homemade mac 'n' cheese, chicken parmesan risotto - in other words, comfort foods.

Enjoyed: Getting my hair done and a little thrifting yesterday.

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On doing more sorting of paperwork and other things I've kept as keepsakes for my kids. Mini-me once told me that many of the things I've kept from his childhood recall memories for me more than they do for him. I'm trying to go through things with that thought in mind.

Thinking About: The events in Washington this week and the reactions that have surprised me by so many.

Feeling: Fine, just fine. Let's hope it stays that way. 

Looking forward to: Getting to be in charge of the clicker this week!

Question of the week: How are you all doing, what with everything that's going on?

6 comments:

  1. Oh man!! So you have someone in your house who is positive. That's rough. I think it's doable to keep COVID free while providing care but do not take any shortcuts while doing it. I have some friends now who are still battling it and they got it in early December. They can't shake it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping CoVid free while caring for someone does seem to be doable but it probably helps if the grown up with CoVid doesn't act like a toddler! I couldn't convince BG to stay in his rooms and do what he was told!

      Delete
  2. So sorry about the exposure. Fingers crossed that you don't catch the virus and it's a mild version that your family member is going through.

    I've been mostly irritated with the news this week. What a tragedy, what a disaster! I hope that was the last of it, and we don't see more of that in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime, even as contentious as things had become.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear that COVID has made it's way into your house. I hope you are able to avoid it and that the person in your house with it only has a mild case. Homemade macaroni and cheese is one of my favorites. I really wish we could get out and get our hair done (we and my daughter). It's been over a year since our last one. Wishing you a better week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh - we have at least been able to get to salons for some months now. Our governor, though, is way more concerned about keeping businesses open than in keeping people safe, which accounts for the salons being open.

      Delete