Sunday, January 17, 2021

Life: It Goes On - January 16

Happy Sunday! How's your week been? Remember last week when I told you that we were going to be in quarantine because a family member had tested positive for CoVid-19? That person was The Big Guy. The next day I got tested and, no surprise, I have it, too. We have no idea where BG got it and feel almost certain that he was wearing a mask when he got it. For those who don't believe masks work and think that situations like this prove it, we are convinced that our cases have been relatively mild because of that mask. So I will continue to be a huge mask advocate.

Last Week I: 

Listened To: It was hard for me to focus, and I was sleeping a lot, but I did listen to a couple of hours of David Chang's Eat A Peach, which I'm very much enjoying. 

Watched: We finished The Queen's Gambit, which we both enjoyed a lot, and Season 3 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (we didn't love Season 3 so we're glad to see the story line move on). And, of course, football.

Read: I finally finished my first book of the year, Miss Benson's Beetle. Yesterday I started J. Courtney Sullivan's latest, Friends and Strangers. 

Made:
 I made a loaf of sourdough bread last Sunday and it was the last thing I really made until yesterday, when I made a batch of chili for today. 

Enjoyed:
 Homemade chicken noodle soup and a loaf of homemade bread that a friend dropped off. Bless her, she brought us enough for two suppers and a lunch. It tasted so good and it was so nice not to have to cook! Not only did she bring us food, she brought us a stack of New York Times' Book Review sections. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: Not knowing what my energy level will be this week, I'm not planning much. 

Thinking About: Cleaning. Because you can imagine that I haven't done any of that, other than keeping the kitchen cleaned up, all week. 

Feeling: Very fortunate - in that we didn't get sicker, that we got pampered, and that so many family members and friends checked in on us regularly. 

Looking forward to: Having energy again!

Question of the week: How are you? Are you staying healthy? Feeling safe?

14 comments:

  1. I hope you both feel better really soon and get your energy back. I'm an advocate of mask wearing too, not that we go out much. We are feeling weary mainly because of being isolated due to the snow and self isolating. Shopping online has been a nightmare due to non delivery of food items ordered online. I can't concentrate on anything at the moment let alone reading. Watching endless television programmes and trying to learn about history, art and other places in the world. Have tried to switch off from the disturbing news, but want to be informed about what's going on globally too. Take care Lisa and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the news feels like something you shouldn't ignore but you can only take so much of it when there are so few outlets to pick your mood back up again.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Lisa! I'm so sorry. But I'm so happy you are both OK and starting to feel better. Terrible. Keep resting and I'm happy you have some great friends to help you out. I hope this week goes well for you and the Big Guy. Lots love from my way. So many friends have gotten Covid since December. I know it's because of the holiday get-togethers. And a couple got it from work. But it's scary. I'm hoping my parents can get the vaccine soon. Big hugs and take care of yourself this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the same thing for my parents - as much as I was worried about how sick I might get with it, I'm much more worried about them. Nebraska is doing a terrible job at getting vaccines out; no idea when they'll finally get one.

      Delete
  3. I am glad to hear that your cases are mild and that you are recovering well. Here's to a much better week ahead! Seriously, so grateful for all the friends and family members who help us when needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sunny week and a lot of rest helped. I'm not good at sitting for hours except when I'm reading and I haven't been able to focus on reading so it's been driving me nuts until this weekend!

      Delete
  4. I am sorry you came out positive too, Lisa. I hope both of you are feeling better soon. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're all on the mend! We are keeping an incredibly low profile and are thankful to be healthy. Have a good week, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought we were being so careful, too! Keep vigilant!

      Delete
  6. Oh no. Wow. When I saw your soup post I was wondering if you got hit with it. So glad it's mild. My friend had a mild case too but now, a few weeks later she is wiped out energy-wise and wishes she had rested more while actively sick. So, rest up! Let your body heal even if you don't feel all that bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the lack of energy just doesn't seem to let up and it's driving me nuts. But I am resting a lot - boy, does my house show it!

      Delete
  7. That sneaky virus can come in on just about anything, even though it's usually airborne. Kudos to you and your family for sticking to your mask-wearing regimen. Us too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're going to keep wearing the masks, even after having had this. We are feeling like our immune systems are worn down and we really don't want to catch anything else!

      Delete