Sunday, March 13, 2022

Life: It Goes On - March 13

Happy sunny Sunday! And happy birthday to my daddy! This past year has not been easy for him but he has reached this day still able to charm people with his kindness, able to be in his own home, and still wearing that big smile! We are headed to Lincoln shortly to celebrate his day with my siblings, lasagna, balloons, and ice cream cake. 

I know there are a lot of you are struggling this morning with that lost hour of sleep  but this girl is so happy that we are going to have that extra hour of light in the evenings.  Daylight Savings Time's arrival is another sign for me that spring is here. It's supposed to be warm here this week, too, so I'm hoping for some March dinners on the patio.

Last Week I:

Listened To: I finished Never Let Me Go and have started Amy Bloom's White Houses, a fictionalized account of the relationship between Eleanor Roosevelt and journalist Lorena Hickock. 

Watched: Some state high school championship basketball, some college conference tournament basketball, some Food Network. 

Read: I'm bouncing between books that I need to have done this week, one for a review tomorrow and one for book club on Tuesday. This week sort of snuck up on me reading wise! 

Made: It was a weird week for eating. The only meal we actually made all week was kielbasa and sauerkraut - you can't get much easier than that! 

Enjoyed: Last night we had happy hour/pizza with three other couples. We hadn't all been together in such a long time and it was great to catch up and laugh and laugh and laugh. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: I'm hoping to really get going on 40 Bags In 40 Days this week. I've been randomly working on a spot here and there but I get a lot more done if I go at it with a plan and work on an entire area/room at a time. 

Thinking About: Politics. It's not good for my mental health but there is so much going on right now that makes me so angry. 

Feeling: Hopeful. I'm sitting looking out my front windows with the sun shining and watching a fat robin eating berries that have fallen off a tree, two young squirrels chasing each other, and the prettiest little wren perched in my lilac bush. As much as I dislike winter, spring would not feel so much like a new beginning without it. 

Looking forward to: Book club this week. I think we can finally meet in person again!

Question of the week: Do you have something that you always like to have for your birthday dinner? Lasagna is always a birthday go-to in our family, as is the Asian chicken salad that my kids always want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment