Sunday, March 19, 2023

Life: It Goes On - March 19

Happy sunny Sunday! I'm coming to you after a week that has been most unusual. As you may recall from last Sunday's post, my sister and her husband had come down last weekend to help celebrate my dad's birthday. While they were here, my brother-in-law's sister was admitted to the hospital and his family spent the five days sitting vigil as she entered hospice, passing away Wednesday morning. This meant an unexpectedly long stay for my sister and her husband and the arrival Wednesday evening of my niece and her sixteen-month-old son. This morning they all loaded up their vehicles and headed north on their long trip home. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I'm listening to Jane Harper's The Dry, which I'm really enjoying. Should finish that up by midweek and then I'll go back to Enchantress of Numbers. 

Watched: My great-nephew run in circles around my house, exhausting everyone except himself. He's such a good tempered little guy and was just the tonic his family needed to get them through the week. 

Read: Almost nothing. 

Made: Almost nothing. My sister cooked one night, friends of theirs brought over pizza another night, and we ate leftovers a couple of meals. I did make a double batch of ham and cheese sliders which we enjoyed two nights. 

Miss H playing chase-
the-baby
Enjoyed: Despite the reason my family was all here, I so enjoyed getting to spend so much time with them. My niece and I stayed up late each night and we got some one-on-one time that we've never gotten before, which was great. Last night she, Miss H, The Big Guy and I stayed up late and watched the most ridiculous show on Netflix and laughed until we snorted. So fun!

This Week I’m:  

Planning: This is a week to put the house back in order. I've brought things home from my parents' house three times in eight days and need to find homes for everything, we're switching out some mattresses, and there is bedding to be washed up and put back on beds. 

Thinking About: I knew I was starting to get old when funerals started making me think about planning my own service. I know from experience that my family will be glad to have it all written down; but they'll also be laughing that, even after death, I still have to be in control. 

Feeling: Tired. I took two naps today. But so happy that we were able to be there for our family. 

Looking forward to: Book club Tuesday then BG and I are going to see Book of Mormon on Saturday. 

Question of the week: Have you made any plans for your own funeral service? 

1 comment:

  1. So very sorry about your brother in laws sister.
    What was the name of the show on Netflix? I could use a good snort :)

    ReplyDelete