Monday, March 6, 2023

Life: It Goes On - March 6

Happy Monday! Yesterday got away from me; we started in Kansas City, then had three hours of traveling home, followed by being exhausted from a freakin' cold that took more than a week to finally really hit me...just as the weekend, and our trip, arrived. Worked from home today and am finally feeling better. Which is a good thing, as both of my siblings and their spouses are spending the weekend here (coming to celebrate my dad's birthday) so I need to get the house cleaned. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: Dave Grohl's The Storyteller, which was recommended to me by someone I follow on Instagram (but I can't remember who know, which is sad because I really want to thank them!). Will finish it in the next couple of days. 

Watched: I feel like there was a movie that I watched this week that I was going to tell you about; but now I can't remember what it was at all. I've pretty much reached the point in my life where I have to write down every single thing. 

Read: I'm reading Erin E. Adams' Jackal, which is way out of my wheelhouse but which is really pulling me along. 

Made: Monster cookies, which Miss H picked instead of a birthday cake. Well, actually, she picked monster cookie dough but I did make some cookies to take for her, as well as a tub of cookie dough. Yes, yes, I know you're not supposed to eat raw cookie dough. But it's just so good!

Miss H, in red, with some of her K.C.
family
Enjoyed:
 Some Miss H time, although a few hours of it had to be devoted to getting a new car ordered for her. Went out to dinner, with her Kansas City family, to celebrate her birthday and picked up breakfast yesterday from our favorite place in Shawnee. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On trying to both clean my house for company and keep forward progress going on 40 Bags. With weekends busy four weekends in a row, I'm going to have to make good use of week nights. 

Thinking About: The plan is for family to have everything out of my parents' house that we want after this weekend so that next week we can begin moving forward with getting it on the market. It's going to be hard to say goodbye to it but after seeing it become gradually less "home" as it's become emptier and emptier is helping. 

Feeling: Excited to have everyone together this weekend, including my aunt and uncle. His birthday is Friday, my dad's is Monday, so we'll get to celebrate both of them. 

Looking forward to: The Big Guy and I are going to see the touring company of Les Mis this weekend (tickets bought long before we knew we'd have company). I've watched the movie adaptation and a stage adaptation on PBS in preparation, so the songs are now on rotation in my brain. 

Question of the week: Are you someone who loves a good cake for your birthday or do you prefer something different? 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been/will be busy! Spending time with family is my favorite thing to do. Happy Birthday to your dad and uncle! I like carrot cake for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete