Sunday, May 14, 2023

Life: It Goes On - May 14

Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers of any kind! It's overcast here today, which was the perfect weather to nap...so I just woke up from one! I had intended to run into Lincoln Friday afternoon to try to get to the bank (which is no longer open any evenings or Saturdays - grrr!) but the forecast here was for severe storms. So we ran in this morning to put flowers on my mother's grave. I want her headstone to be cleaned and it to be obvious that she was loved; but, golly, does it ever get any easier to visit your mother's grave? 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: Gabriela Garcia's Of Women and Salt for book club this week. Not what I was expecting from the description and I'm feeling a little bad about having picked it for book club. 

Watched:
 Some music shows, some sports, and Dream Home Makeover on Netflix, which features the work of the couple behind Studio McGee, which you may have seen at Target. Very much styled after Fixer Upper, with a focus on a woman's design aesthetic and the family's life. Not as big a fan of this show, so will probably just skip around on the episodes here and there. 

Read: I started Us Against You, the second book in the Beartown series. 

Made: Gnocchi with homemade red sauce but it's mostly been salads this week. 

Enjoyed: The backyard is finished enough for us to have friends over last night for the first fire and s'mores of the year. Sat out there for hours and it was so fun and relaxing! 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: I had big plans for this weekend but then got derailed by some deep cleaning. So I'll be working on those projects in the evenings this week. 

Thinking About: Actually trying to sit here and keep my mind intentionally blank, to keep out all of the thoughts that add stress to life. It's how I gave myself permission to take that nap. I highly recommend it, if you can make it work. 

Feeling: Packages are arriving almost daily now of things that we'll need for our trip to Alaska and I'm starting to get really excited about it. And anxious. Yesterday, on the news, I watched people going up the escalator of the airport with their carryon bags and began to get anxious about doing that. Have I mentioned before how much I hate escalators? Hence, the reason I needed to actively work to clear my mind!

Looking forward to: Book club on Tuesday. Even if I do get beat up about the book! 

Question of the week: What are you looking forward to this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment