Sunday, May 28, 2023

Life: It Goes On - May 29

Happy Sunday! It's sunny, it's not windy, and it's 75 degrees out right now. So I'm going to make this quick because it's pretty much perfect out right now and I'm going to take a book and a cup of coffee out on the patio and enjoy the day. We'll see how long I can relax before I see something that needs to be done! I have one spray paint project left to do and then I can put away the paints for the summer. But we're only just starting a new project out there that The Big Guy decided needed to be done...sooner, rather than later, apparently. I can't say much - you all know how I am once I get the idea for a project in my head! It will look great when it's done, and make parts of our yard usable in ways they haven't been in years, since before our trees got so big, so I'm all in on doing it and will help as much as I can. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I started Fredrik Backman's The Winners and am going to be listening to it a lot this week if I'm going to get it finished before my loan expires. This is one of those sequels that I wish didn't spend so much time explaining things from the prior books. If you want to know why people are doing things or the relationships, read the preceding books! 

Watched: College baseball, some Mrs, Maisel, some Ted Lasso

Read: Bouncing back and forth between Ken Jennings' 100 Places To See After You Die and Chris Bohjalian's Midwives

Made: A mess of my hands. I think I'm the only person I know who can get paint all over herself while she's spray painting! 

Enjoyed: We went to a graduation party in my parents' old neighborhood yesterday and it was so nice to be back with that family, who are also our family. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On finishing up some ongoing projects outside and inside. 

Thinking About: Alaska. What do we still need to pick up? When is too early to start packing?

Feeling: Happy to have a three-day weekend. 

Looking forward to: A quiet week. I think. 

Question of the week: If you're lucky enough to have a three-day weekend, what are you doing with the extra day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment