Sunday, May 7, 2023

Life: It Goes On - May 7

Happy Sunday! It's been a busy weekend here. We've moved past the chance of freezing weather (finally!) so I've been planting like crazy. Also spray painting chairs, tables, and trophies. And moving landscaping borders. And making decisions about where everything will go this year, now that we're the keepers of things (some of them temporarily) that used to be at my parents' house. My back is paying the price and I'm exhausted; but I'm also so happy to be getting my hands in the dirt and spending time outdoors. It's been the kind of mental health weekend I needed after a stressful week at work last week. 

Capping the weekend off with some Tom Jones and Marie Antoinette on PBS would be just the way to end Sunday. Unfortunately, as so often happens as soon as I get plants in pots all of over the yard, we have storms moving in so we need to keep the t.v. on a local channel so that we can keep an eye on the radar. You know I'm going out and moving all of my plants to cover if it looks like it's going to get very bad out there!

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished Taylor Jenkins Reid's The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and started this month's selection, Gabriela Garcia's Of Women and Salt

Watched: Some American Idol, some The Voice, and after-mentioned shows on PBS, and I (finally) watched the last episode of Orange Is The New Black

Read: I've been trying to race through John Boyne's latest, All the Broken Places but it's too good to rush so I'm afraid it will have to go back to the library and I'll have to check it out again. 

Made: I think The Big Guy did all of the cooking this week, since I've been working late most nights. 


Enjoyed:
 Dinner out with friends - the first Saturday night it's been warm enough (and not too windy) to eat outside. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: I've got a few more projects to finish up outside. I was going to just paint a table I brought from my parents', but when I started cleaning it up, paint just kept chipping off. So I think I'm going to pull out the paint stripper this week and take that back to the white it was originally. Of course, once I get it to that point, there's a very good chance I'll turn around and paint it purple. Or orange. I've also got a teacart that needs a new coat of paint. Just the kinds of projects I love to do!

Thinking About: Next weekend, when my patio will be all finished and ready for drinks and s'mores! 

Feeling: See above - tired, a bit sore, but so satisfied. 

Looking forward to: This will be another quiet week so I'm looking forward to getting a lot done around here. 

Question of the week: What's your favorite way to spend time outdoors?

No comments:

Post a Comment