Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Life: It Goes On - May 23

Happy Tuesday! Evening no less. No idea why I haven't been able to make myself come sit down and blog recently. Too much going on, not enough brain power, time to wind the blog down? Probably some of all of that. Likely, you'll continue to see me posting more and more mini-reviews until this season of my life passes and my brain doesn't want to veg every chance I get. But I'm reading again, so that's a good thing! 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: Carley Fortune's Every Summer After, recommended to me by a friend at work. Today I started Fredrik Backman's The Winners.

Watched: I watched a movie on Netflix the other night. And now I can't remember what I watched. See how my brain is working right now when it doesn't have to work?! 

Read: I raced through Frederik Backman's Us Against You (the second book in the Beartown trilogy) because I knew the third book was going to be available on audio soon. 

Made: Full on summer dinners now - salads, pasta with tomatoes and basil, BLTs, bbq chicken. Yum!

Enjoyed: Dinner with my Tier Ones and their spouses. We haven't all eight been together in more than a year and it was so much fun that we had to take the party to our patio for s'mores and another drink! It was so good for my soul!

Celebrating: Added a new category just for this week because today is a really special day. Today my girl celebrates five years clean. She has surrounded herself with an incredible support system, shown fierce determination and courage, and been an inspiration to so many. It's a joy every day to see her flourishing and we couldn't be more proud!

This Week I’m:  

Planning: We cat sat over the weekend so I spent a lot of time downstairs with him (he can't be upstairs without constant supervision or he and my cat will go at it). Consequently, I also spent a lot of time working on organizing and decluttering down there. Two boxes overflowing with stuff for the Goodwill, three bags of garbage and a lot of pre-organizing. I'm hoping to keep up that progress this week. When I'm not outside, because you know that's where I'd much rather be!

Thinking About: Alaska. Our trip is coming up soon and I'm busily buying the last few things I "need" and wondering how many weeks in advance of a trip is too soon to start packing. Our agenda is filled with so many fun things but I might most be looking forward to just sitting on my kids' deck and talking to them. 

Feeling: Tired, but relieved. Not that I expected anything to be wrong but it's always nice to get through the annual physical and have everything looking good. 

Looking forward to: A three-day weekend!

Question of the week: Do you get a three-day weekend this coming weekend? If so, do you have big plans? 

No comments:

Post a Comment