Sunday, October 22, 2023

Life: It Goes On - October 22

Happy Sunday from Omaha, where it was 80 degrees and sunny and today I'm working on furniture between sprinkles and outfitted in sweatpants and a hoodie. Racing to get these last two pieces of furniture finished for Miss H before it gets entirely too cold to work outside...and also before we have to pack them up to take them to KC. 

The ash tree in our front yard is in full, glorious color and when the sun has been shining, it has bounced the most beautiful rosy light into my office. As I've struggled with autumn this year, that was a good reminder of the good things about this time of year. I needed that, after having pulled plants out of pots and garden beds yesterday, something that always makes me blue. 

Last Week I: 
Listened To: Finishing Not That Bad today. It's so, so hard to listen to, but so, so important. 

Watched: Grace and Frankie, Daisy Jones and The Six, and a lot of football, including a Husker win. Oh, yeah, and the Husker volleyball team knocking off the No. 1 team in the country, a team we've been unable to beat in the last ten times we've come up against them.

Read: I finished James McBride's The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store.  Not sure what's up next. 

Made: Lasagna tortellini soup (it was a huge hit!) and boozy chocolate cake. 

Enjoyed: Lots of time with family and friends. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: I thought I was about finished with this cedar chest but I wasn't happy with it so I've sanded the top back down and will restain it tomorrow and then finish cleaning up the copper.  

Thinking About: Everything. Seriously, I wake up in the night and my brain is all over the place and I can't get back to sleep. 

Feeling: Still not happy about it being fall...even as I think about soups and all other manner of comfort foods. 

Looking forward to: A little weekend trip. 

Question of the week: Have you ever refinished or painted furniture? If so, which do you prefer doing? Any favorite products to recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment