Sunday, October 1, 2023

Life: It Goes On - October 1

Happy Sunday! I finally broke down this weekend and accepted that it's fall. I've brought out the fall decor, bought pumpkins, and even drank a pumpkin carmelicious coffee (although it was 95 degrees yesterday so that sucker was iced!). 

Sadly, the part of fall that I really dislike has arrived - it's time to pull out the garden, leaving us with empty dirt areas to look at. And the pretty part of fall has yet to arrive - the leaves aren't changing yet, just fading or falling off. And my giant mum is on its last leg because I cannot keep those things alive in pots. Why do I keep buying them, you ask? I wish I had a good answer for you. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I'm finishing up Timothy Egan's A Fever In The Heartland today. I love finding books that introduces me to parts of history I'd never heard of before. 

Watched: The usual football and college volleyball, the last episode of season 2 of Ted Lasso, and another episode of Daisy Jones and The Six

Read: Lydia Millet's Dinosaurs.

Made: Quick and easy lasagna and our last BLT sandwiches with homegrown tomatoes - we're somewhere in between summer and fall in the kitchen! 

Enjoyed:
Something of a "me" day on Friday - I had my hair done and got another tattoo (if you're counting, and The Big Guy is, that's three in less than a year). Mini-him told me if I keep that up that I'll be the cool tatted grandma. Does that mean he doesn't think I'd be cool otherwise?! 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: I finally got the paint to do Miss H's furniture so I'll be getting three pieces painted this week (and, hopefully, a cedar chest stained as well). Then it's on to a dresser that I've committed to refinishing for Mini-him. 

Thinking About: What needs to be done this month to be ready for two kids moving in November and my dad moving in December plus the two holidays in those months. I think I'll sleep through January! 

Feeling: A little chaotic - I've started so many chores and projects this weekend and keep getting distracted by other things. Putting out fall decor reminded me that I needed to dust. Went to get the stuff to dust and stopped to switch laundry then did a bit of reorganizing in the laundry room. And so it's gone on...

Looking forward to: A relatively quiet week, which should allow me to be productive around here. 

Question of the week: What's your fall flavor - pumpkin spice, salted caramel, or something else? 

No comments:

Post a Comment