Sunday, October 8, 2023

Life: It Goes On - October 8

Happy Sunday! It's sunny, but cool here - very fall like. I was trying working on a piece of furniture yesterday and was not happy that it wasn't warm enough to work barefooted and in short sleeves. Can we all agree to days that are warm enough for short sleeves then evenings that require a sweatshirt or sweater? I could be fine with that. 

Show of hands for those of you who have managed to keep the mums they bought for their porches alive? Yeah, I didn't expect to see many hands up. I have transplanted the giant mum plant that The Big Guy got at Costco and we'll see if it will survive but I may have waited too long to do that...again. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished Timothy Egan's A Fever In The Heartland and checked out Roxane Gay's Not That Bad. But then I decided to listen to podcasts for a few days instead, so I've listened to The Big Flop and We Can Do Hard Things

Watched: Husker volleyball and football, NFL football (which is on this morning from London), and some more episodes of Ted Lasso. We're a couple of episodes into Season 3 but since this is maybe (probably?) the final season, I see us parsing the rest of the season out over a number of months. 

Read: M. C. Beaton's Dead On Target and James McBride's The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store. Maybe one day I'll actually finish one of them. 

Made: Not much. Cooking and reading physical books seem to be two things I want to do but can't really make myself do these days. 

Enjoyed:
 Getting back to working on furniture. Miss H saved this end table when her aunt was ready to send it to the Goodwill. It had a light and she had a vision of how she would use it so home with us it came. Yesterday I'm changing out the lighting (no more plugging it in!) and using Fusion mineral paint for the first time but the biggest challenge with this project is painting the inside of a hexagon. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On doing a lot of paperwork this week. 

Thinking About: I joined The Cozy Minimalist Community and have started working my way through the courses. It ties in with my desire to declutter, declutter, declutter and organize. The next step is to create spaces I love. 

Feeling: Like my fall allergies kicked in this weekend. 

Looking forward to: A weekend trip to visit family. 

Question of the week: There are houses in my neighborhood this year whose Halloween yard displays have taken over their entire yards. Are people going as crazy with Halloween decor where you live? 

No comments:

Post a Comment