Sunday, July 14, 2024

Life: It Goes On - July 14

Happy, sunny (here at least) Sunday! It's been a bit of a tough week but things are looking up and the sunshine is definitely helping (even if it is hot out). I read somewhere recently that people with ADHD tend to use parentheses in their writing more because their minds are always going down side tracks. So that's my excuse for that first sentence...and all of the other sentences on this blog that have a ridiculously high occurrence of parentheses! 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished Before We Were Innocent and am about 2/3 of the way through Kelly Corrigan's The Middle Place. Next up is the One World, One Book selection for 2024, Twilight Territory. My dad has started listening to it as well so it will be fun for the two of us to talk about it. 


Watched: A whole lot of HGTV and Magnolia Network. 


Read: Tell Me Everything by Elizabeth Strout. Now finishing up this month's book club selection, The Last Mrs. Parrish


Made: Ham sliders and roast beef sliders with King's Hawaiian rolls. What else? No recollection whatsoever. Clearly that meal planning and prepping I talked about doing a few weeks ago and not manifested. 


Enjoyed: My sister and her husband are here this weekend. Friday night we did something that we've never done before - the ladies went off to eat one place and the guys off to another place. I surprised my sister by inviting one of her dear friends here to join us and it was such a cathartic, relaxing and fun evening. I left and was disappointed I had not thought to take a picture of the three of us. Then I remembered that it was good to have been so in the moment that it never occurred to me to pull out my phone. Well, except for the ten minutes or so when all three of us had our phones out while we were talking books, making recommendations, and adding things to our library holds! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week I’m:  


Planning: No choice now but to get to working on Mini-him's dresser. He and Miss C have found a new apartment and will be moving to a place where they will finally have room for it again. 


Thinking About: A friend died this week of lung cancer. She's been battling it for over three years. Logic completely left me when it came to her diagnosis and ongoing setbacks. I just knew that she would be the person to beat the odds so it's hit me harder than I would have expected to find out that she wasn't. 


Feeling: After months of being mentally exhausted, I find myself finally starting to have the energy to get myself up and moving. I've accomplished so much in the past couple of weeks that has needed to be done for so long. It feels good.  


Looking forward to: Book club on Tuesday. 


Quote of the week: “There are never enough 'I love you's.” - Lenny Bruce


*This week's connection between the books I've reviewed is only that they are books that I read through Netgalley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment