Sunday, July 28, 2024

Life: It Goes On - July 28

Whew - that was the both the longest and shortest 3-day weekend ever! Friday I took the day to help Mini-him and Miss C move. Even with a moving company doing all of the heavy lifting, there was still so much to do. I put myself in charge of feeding everyone and keeping them hydrated.  In the middle of all of that, I found them the perfect shelf on Facebook Marketplace and made a run to pick that up. Got home Friday just in time to shower...for the second time that day...so that those two, The Big Guy, and Miss C's parents (can I just tell you how much we enjoyed getting to know them better!) could go out to dinner to celebrate Mini-him's birthday. Followed that up with drinks at a local brew pub. Both an exhausting and fun day! 

Today we hosted a cousin from Denmark and his wife for lunch at my dad's place. Did a lunch of typical middle America lunch, including Nebraska's own Runzas. They are lovely people and we enjoyed their visit. They gifted each of us with a wood pen that he had made which is something that we will all treasure. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: The Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure


Watched:
 If you know me at all by now, you'll know that I have been watching as much of the Olympics as I can these past few days. I had really thought I'd take some time off of work to watch them - there's almost no sport I won't watch when it comes to the Olympics! 


Read: I'm bouncing guys. I keep opening Netgalley and and reading bits of different books. Just now I'm reading Liane Moriarty's latest, Here One Moment and Kate Atkinson's latest, Death At The Sign of the Rook. 


Made: I've been mostly about buying things that didn't require a lot of cooking this past week. Today I did make a BLT salad and a rhubarb crisp. 


Enjoyed: In addition to the above, we enjoyed dinner out with friends at a new place on Wednesday (delicious food!) and dessert with them last night on their deck. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week I’m:  


Planning: On getting more of Mini-him and Miss C's stuff out of my basement and over to them and on working on his dresser. 


Thinking About: Once again, someone's move has me rethinking everything we have in our house. Would we take these things if we were moving? If not, it's gonna have to be something we are really enjoying or find really useful in this moment if it's going to stay. 


Feeling: So tired!


Looking forward to: Hopefully a quieter week. Although I have yet to turn my calendar page so I'm not sure that's a reality. 


Question of the week: Did you watch the opening ceremonies? If so, what did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment